Brewer Fanatic

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Minigoon
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Detroit looked real good last night. They skated into Anaheim's building and just crushed them.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Ottawa punched their ticket to the Stanley Cup finals today eliminating Buffalo with an overtime win. They are looking very strong right now, but I am not convinced Emrey can win it for them.

Quote:
but I am not convinces Emrey can win it for them.

He looks a heck of a lot better than Hasek and Giggy so far. Plus Ottawa has the fire power to keep the puck on the other end. They just knocked out the best team in the regular season, you cannot take that away from them. I do not think the Wings or Ducks are better than the Sabres.

Emery is playing great at the right time. Both Hasek and Giguere have been to the finals before. Emery hasn't. I'm impressed with Ottawa's run to the finals. They had to beat some really strong teams to get there. If I were going into the finals, I would feel better with either Hasek or Giguere in net than Emery.

$.02

• 3 weeks later...
It felt like the Senators were coming back until Phillips pulled a Steve Smith and basically put it in his own net.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I wonder what the NHL can do to get more people to watch it on TV.

The first game of this year's finals on NBC ? Game 3 last Saturday ? got only a 1.1 national rating with an average viewing audience of 1.6 million. According to Sports Business Daily, that resulted in NBC's lowest-rated night in its history.

A movie on the Sci-Fi Channel, "Meltdown: Days Destruct," got a 1.2 rating.

NBC's previous combined prime-time low was a 1.3 on July 23, 2005, when a repeat of "West Wing" got only a 1.1.

The first two games of the finals were televised by Versus, and its lack of distribution no doubt hurt the NBC telecasts. Game 1 on Versus got a 0.5 national rating with an average audience of 769,000 and Game 2 a 0.4 with 576,000 viewers.

Game 1 ranked 58th among all programs that night and Game 2 ranked 78th. Among the programs beating Game 1 was the Food Network's "Build a Better Burger," which attracted 807,000 viewers.

LINK

Archived