Brewer Fanatic

Thome to the Phillies, 1yr 1.25 Mil

Baldkin

Because the Phillies hate Brown? About the only reason I can see.
No it is probably Rizzotti and Mayberry that they hate.

I believe the Phillies are going to have Brown play RF and if they signed Cuddyer they would just have Cuddyer in LF to replace Ibanez. Either way Brown is going to be in LF or RF to start next season. If the Phillies do sign Cuddyer that could open up some trade possibilities.

Don't the Phillies have Ryan Howard to play first?

Ruptured achilles. Will probably be out until May/June and possibly even longer depending on how rehab goes. Kendry Morales was expected back at some point this year but had complications from rehabbing and missed the whole year. Different injuries but still lower legs.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Because the Phillies hate Brown? About the only reason I can see.
No it is probably Rizzotti and Mayberry that they hate.

I believe the Phillies are going to have Brown play RF and if they signed Cuddyer they would just have Cuddyer in LF to replace Ibanez. Either way Brown is going to be in LF or RF to start next season. If the Phillies do sign Cuddyer that could open up some trade possibilities.

They still have Pence.

Don't the Phillies have Ryan Howard to play first?

Ruptured achilles. Will probably be out until May/June and possibly even longer depending on how rehab goes. Kendry Morales was expected back at some point this year but had complications from rehabbing and missed the whole year. Different injuries but still lower legs.

I completely forgot about that!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I can't imagine Thome would be able to play everyday at 1B, would he?

If the Phillies also sign Cuddyer this will be very mind boggling.

Its early in the off-season. Lots of things can happen. Maybe they will trade Pence. Maybe they have other plans. Its always nice when you can load up first, then re-shuffle. The Brewers tend to make trades, then try to fill holes. Sometimes that works, sometimes it ends up with Brady Clark in CF.

Archived