Brewer Fanatic

Counsell wants to play in 2012

reillymcshane

I really don't see how he can look at his numbers and level of play this past season and think that he's going to find any sort of job playing on the field in 2012. He's had a successful career and it's time to go into coaching or something else.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

As a side note, the main focus of the Morosi article is whether or not the Giants could improve by trading Lincecum... with said article being posted one day after Dave Cameron wrote (in much more detail) on the exact same idea for FanGraphs. At best, it's unfortunately coincidental timing. At worst, well...
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I really don't see how he can look at his numbers and level of play this past season and think that he's going to find any sort of job playing on the field in 2012. He's had a successful career and it's time to go into coaching or something else.

Seriously, the guy is delusional. I realize that he had a remarkable career in that he was able to parlay marginal talent into such a long career and $21 million and he's to be commended for that but numbers are numbers and it's a bottom line business. He had that one remarkable year in 09 when it seemed as if he found the fountain of youth. But he's now 41 and to stick around at that age you better produce, and a.503 OPS isn't exactly producing. Had he been playing anywhere but his home town, he wouldn't have survived a full year last year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
As a side note, the main focus of the Morosi article is whether or not the Giants could improve by trading Lincecum... with said article being posted one day after Dave Cameron wrote (in much more detail) on the exact same idea for FanGraphs. At best, it's unfortunately coincidental timing. At worst, well...
Yeah, that was pretty interesting timing. I wish Morosi would have acknowledged Cameron's article.

I am guessing that this is simply posturing or wishful thinking on the part of his agent to see if any team bites. I am fairly sure that Counsell is realistic enough to look at his numbers from last year and realize that the writing is on the wall.

Archived