Brewer Fanatic

Mark Attanasio's open letter 2011

hawing

Community Moderator
It's definitely heartbreaking, but a different kind of heartbreaking than the letters back in the day..."The Brewers fell short of expectations yet again, but I can assure you that one of these years..."

Mark Attanasio does not get enough credit nationally for what he's done in Milwaukee. He's truly as passionate as any ardent fan and he's been willing to repay fan's loyalty by putting money back into the team.

Fielder may indeed end up elsewhere and if he does, there will be all the usual comments that a team like Milwaukee couldn't keep him, blah, blah, blah. But I've never doubted that Attanasio was and is sincere when he talks about trying to keep Prince. Nor do I doubt that if he leaves that the Brewers will seriously explore signing an impact player like Reyes to make up for it. Attanasio wants to win as badly as we do, and he understands and appreciates the fans flocking to Miller Park.

You can (and I have) disagree with individual moves he's made. But you can't deny his passion for the Brewers and for that we should be thankful.

I can't help but compare the state of our team to the Cleveland Cavaliers, since Mr. Gilbert was essentially the runner-up in the Brewers sale.

Suffice to say, if Prince does choose a new destination in the off-season, I very much doubt we'll be seeing a tirade (in full Comic Sans glory) like the one which accompanied LeBron's big decision.

Fairly glad things turned out the way they did, NLCS results notwithstanding.

Archived