Brewer Fanatic

Provus Accepts Twins Lead Radio Position (reply #39)

FIPS133
I for one would love Doug Russell as Corys replacement!!!!1

I think you will be the only one with that sentiment. I think Cory did a great job, has a voice for radio and filled the seat next to Uke very admirably. I think it's best to search for a clone of his...young, up and comer with some MLB radio experience looking to get a promotion. It's an important hire as he may be the guy to take the reins when Uke....well, I'm not even going to type it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Provus has been great, but he would be foolish not to take the lead job in Minnesota.

Target Field would be one amazing office to work from for half of your games. Best of luck to Corey, and I hope if he does move on, WTMJ can mine out another good one.

This may be a promotion, but if I was an announcer, I'd prefer a stadium with a roof like MP. The games are always on. You add some really rotten downtime on game delays in other stadiums.

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I for one will miss Cory. I loved JP and I was worried about a new voice but I grew to love Cory almost immediately (although I wasn't a fan of his calling the bases 'pillows' the first year). I wish him the best and I'm happy that I will get to hear him still as I live in Saint Paul. As for Packfan79 if Cory's warning tracks called bothered you then you must really hate Uecker because he seems to do it a lot more often IMO.

Wooooooooo, no more Provus! So glad I don't have to listen to that guy any more
Evidently Cory peed in your Cheerios or kicked your chihuahua judging by the frequent, repetitive comments on this thread. We get it, you don't like him.

I'll miss Cory - he seemed like a great guy, as well as having a fine voice. Having heard a number of other color and PBP guys around the country, we've been spoiled in this market for a while. We must be about due for a clunker!

I'm not sad to see Cory leave. He wasn't terrible, but I just never warmed to him. I think after living through AMAZING talents like Pat Hughes and Jim Powell, Cory had no chance of finding a soft spot in my heart. Good luck in the cities.

I for one would love Doug Russell as Corys replacement!!!!1
i don't think he has a voice for play by play. I like that he is a milwaukee guy but the brewers are in the position where they should be able to get someone decent, even if its the #2 seat.

As a Cook County resident, I was opposed to Cory initially, but he really grew on me and he really fed Uke well. I'll miss him, but won't have to field the 100 questions a year from my wife saying "Is this Uecker or the other guy? I can't tell."
Formerly Andersoc420

I'll miss him, but the day I really dread is the day BA leaves. I've really grown fond of him, and sometimes it seems like I can "hear" Rock looking at him like "You little such and such; I'll strangle you." Anybody else ever pick up on that or is it another delusion?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm kinda 'meh' about this. I never disliked Provus, but never really warmed up to him either.

As far as BA and Rock, I couldn't stand Rock when he was teamed with both Vasgersian and Powell, but he and BA have a pretty good team banter between them, and Rock's much more tolerable, if not even a little bit likeable for me now. He still says plenty of stupid stuff, but for some reason the broadcast team seems to work much better with a 'straight' guy like BA paired with Rock, rather than a yuckster like Vasgersian.

As far as BA and Rock, I couldn't stand Rock when he was teamed with both Vasgersian and Powell, but he and BA have a pretty good team banter between them, and Rock's much more tolerable, if not even a little bit likeable for me now. He still says plenty of stupid stuff, but for some reason the broadcast team seems to work much better with a 'straight' guy like BA paired with Rock, rather than a yuckster like Vasgersian.
The thing with Vasgersian was that he could get away with making wise cracks because the team was so terrible it didn't matter. I remember hearing him on the radio, talking about how he went to San Diego after his stint in Milwaukee, and they basically told him to knock it off and be more serious.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived