Brewer Fanatic

Yount a co-owner of Mequon Northwoods League expansion team

patrickgpe

Word on the Northwoods league "street" is that another team will hit the western suburbs for '13. Also, one of the western Minnesota team might fold.

Traverse City or Grand Rapids might also join for '13 to give Battle Creek some schedule relief.

Any word on why they picked Chinooks? The fish are from the Pacific Ocean (which makes the Lakeshore Chinooks name look kind of funny) and the people lived on the west coast.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

From the Michigan Department of Natural Resources:

Chinook Salmon Oncorhynchus tshawytscha

The

chinook is a fairly new variety of salmon introduced into the Great

Lakes in the 1870s. Sometimes called "King Salmon", these fish did not

reproduce successfully and eventually disappeared. In 1966, Great Lakes

states Michigan, New York and Wisconsin, with the help of the province

of Ontario reintroduced the Chinook. Great Lakes populations of Chinook

are maintained by annual stream stocking programs.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Word on the Northwoods league "street" is that another team will hit the western suburbs for '13. Also, one of the western Minnesota team might fold.

Traverse City or Grand Rapids might also join for '13 to give Battle Creek some schedule relief.

I know there have been on and off efforts in recent years to get a Northwoods team in Waukesha that would play at Frame Park.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Community Moderator
Anyone know what a ticket usually costs to go to one of these games? A few bucks? Never been to a Mallards game so I have no clue.
The Mallards charge $9-12 (although the Duck Blind is about $35 for all you can eat/drink). But I think the rest of the teams charge less, around $7-10.

The Mallards are in a class by themselves, averaging 6,200 fans/game. The average attendance for the league is 1,700.

Most people never pay for a Woodchucks ticket, sponsors give them out by the handful. Library night, credit union night, car dealers, jewelry stores, and so on. Face is $6, $9 or 10 for the few reserved seats behind the plate, but often, the ticket window is barren.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
There is not much better entertainment to be had than to sit in the duck blind for a night. You just better not be easily offended by foul language. The 'heckling' (if you want to call it that) of the opposing team's right field, bullpen catcher and pitchers, and anyone else in ear shot (in one instance, people were heckling the stadium workers who were changing trash bags in the garbage cans) goes 10 times beyond anything you'll hear at Miller Park. Unbelievably, incredibly filthy.

Most people never pay for a Woodchucks ticket, sponsors give them out by the handful. Library night, credit union night, car dealers, jewelry stores, and so on. Face is $6, $9 or 10 for the few reserved seats behind the plate, but often, the ticket window is barren.

i see it being an issue in Mequon too. I'll probably make it to a game, but still most of my entertainment dollar is going to be spent at Miller Park. Milwaukee is oversaturated with sports teams right now and now Milwaukee is adding one. The Mustangs get no support at all. When the brewers are drawing 3 million people, its going to be hard to get people to drive 30 minutes to see some college kids.

Archived