hawing

Link to brewers.com press release

As voted on by Milwaukee BBWAA members (all eight of them):

Team MVP - Ryan Braun (unanimous)

Most Valuable Pitcher - John Axford

Top Newcomer - Nyjer Morgan

Unsung Hero - Jonathan Lucroy

Good Guy - LaTroy Hawkins

Besides commenting here, you can also register a fan vote at this John and Cait blog, which among other things lists the breakdown of voting. Fun fact: The runner-up for Unsung Hero was Mark Kotsay. Kotsay.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Another award that was announced on the radio up here in Green Bay, Axford won an award from some mustache club for best stache in sports, congrats Ax. And, no, I'm not kidding.

Actually it was for the best stache, not just in sports. It was the Robert Goulet Memorial Mustached American of the Year Award from the American Mustache Institute.

http://www.americanmustac...ed-american-of-the-year/

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I like all of those selections. Braun, to me, is an easy choice over Fielder, which takes nothing away from Prince's great year. I think the top three starters were probably more valuable in absolute terms than Axford, but none of them had a knockout year, while Axford was borderline superhuman in the context of his role. I love the recognition for Lucroy -- I'm really persuaded that his catching mechanics help the team win, and his leadership (which seems relevant to that award) is very impressive for such a newbie. Hawkins should feel really good about his award, because there seem to be quite a few good guys on this team.

We need a Ned Yost nickname-generator, because I'm pretty sure he would've called Kotsay "Kot-sie"
This is hilarious, and I think it deserves it's own thread but I have thought about this many times as it relates to the current Brewer team. Here goes

Corey

Gomey

Brauny

Princey

Rickie

Casey

Lukie

Yuni

Kot-sie

Wolfie

Narvie

Markie

Hearing him use "Esc-y" (for Alcides in KC) annoyed me. I think that's Ned's worst to date... which is saying something.

Corey

I don't care what this one would actually be in real life -- in MY Ned Yost Nickname Generator 8000-y (NYNG8000y), it would be "Corey-y"

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Corey

I don't care what this one would actually be in real life -- in MY Ned Yost Nickname Generator 8000-y (NYNG8000y), it would be "Corey-y"

Couldn't be Hart-y?

I also see no mention above of Georgey, Takashi-y, Frankie (which works for both Rodriguez and FDLC), Joshy, Nyjie, Plushy, Clutchy, Tombstoney, or Craigy.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Another award that was announced on the radio up here in Green Bay, Axford won an award from some mustache club for best stache in sports, congrats Ax. And, no, I'm not kidding.

Actually it was for the best stache, not just in sports. It was the Robert Goulet Memorial Mustached American of the Year Award from the American Mustache Institute.

http://www.americanmustac...ed-american-of-the-year/

Cool, didn't know that. The sports radio guys up here are above average when it comes to the Packers, but the Brewers are an afterthought for them.

Archived