Brewer Fanatic

The Hot Stove: Guess where the free agents go

GamelToe

No offense clancy, because I don't see any problem with being high... but I think you're high. I may have to buy you dinner if any of those Top 5 happen other than maybe CJ Wilson to Toronto.

Also, David Freese isn't going to get bumped from 3B for Aramis Ramirez.

He's still one of the top 10 defensive 1B in the game. He's not going to resign himself to DH at this stage of his career. No way, no how.

Why does he care at this point? It seems like he is all about the money. Why wouldn't he go to the place that pays him the most money for the rest of his career. This will almost for sure be his last contract. He doesn't lose any value by being a 1B. He could probably play LF at Fenway too.

Pujols to Boston? To DH?

He's still one of the top 10 defensive 1B in the game. He's not going to resign himself to DH at this stage of his career. No way, no how.

Boston will need either a 1B or DH after Ortiz burned the bridges. Pujols would be the type of high-powered signing they might make.

No offense clancy, because I don't see any problem with being high... but I think you're high. I may have to buy you dinner if any of those Top 5 happen other than maybe CJ Wilson to Toronto.

Also, David Freese isn't going to get bumped from 3B for Aramis Ramirez.

If the Cards lose Pujols, they will need more firepower elsewhere. Ramirez for Freese, Beltran in right, and Berkman at first may be the best they can do in that situation.

• 2 months later...

Wanted to revive this thread to show how unpredictable FA signings have been this year. Apart from fairly obvious re-signings Rollins & Ortiz, everybody got everything wrong, including MLBTR. If we have a winner on the brewerfan thread I would say it's radman solely for predicting the Aramis Ramirez signing with the Brewers. Good job.

The Top FA left are

2. Prince Fielder

6. Edwin Jackson

15. Hiroki Kuroda

16. Carlos Pena

18. Roy Oswalt

Archived