Brewer Fanatic

Estrada/Miller

Menotti80

In a normal Wednesday Night game followed by a Thursday Day game situation, Estrada would catch tonight and Miller would catch the day game.

With DD on the mound tonight, any chance they switch it? Miller has caught DD dozens of times and I think it would be to the Brewers advantage to let Miller play tonight.

Who do you think gets the start tonight?

I'd go with Miller, but I'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference. The Brewers all played with DD for a few years, so there should be enough insight going around to the guys that need to know what to expect. Estrada has faced DD in the past as well.

Ned switches them up a lot if a lefty is starting, he will play Miller instead of Estrada... so I'd expect to see Miller tonight.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I like the idea of Miller starting vs. lefties due to offense. As far as Davis on the mound, I think Damian can be of just as much value on the bench.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I would like to see Miller start tonight due to the match-up with Davis.

Does anyone off-hand know the Brewers record with Miller catching vs. Estrada. It would seem that the Crew's winning percentage with Miller in harness is strikingly better.

Quote:
I believe the team has lost only 6 times in his starts, so 23-6

Ahhh, but does that include the game he started at first base? I think they won that game as well.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Quote:
Ahhh, but does that include the game he started at first base? I think they won that game as well.

Ahhh, it does actually http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

28 games catching, 1 at first

1 pinch hit AB, but I dont know if they won that game or not...

Thanks for the information I requested. The difference in records between Miller's and Estrada's starts is astounding. With the exception of the most recent Houston and Pittsburgh wins, Miller's bat certainly does not make Milwaukee a better team. Is his handling of the pitchers THAT much better than Estrada? Or is this just a fluky statistic?

DH, how do you figure Estrada will get two days off in a row? There's no day off this week.

The Brewers are just lucky to have 2 fine catchers like they do, most every team has a black hole as a reserve, except the Twins, and maybe the Pirates.

I'd imagine Damian's "W-L" record is more an indicator that our squad has hit LHPing quite well, given that he plays most against LHP. Having Braun, Fielder, Mench, Hall, Hart, etc. v. LHP has a much bigger impact than one guy - but Miller hits LHP well himself.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Brewers are just lucky to have 2 fine catchers like they do, most every team has a black hole as a reserve, except the Twins, and maybe the Pirates.

dado; you are exactly correct. I opened the thread fully expecting a rant about either " Brewers catchers/Who do we get rid of/ or some other sillyness. Both of our catchers would be starters on the majority of ML teams. Catchers are right up there with LH pitching as a commodity in baseball. I for one hope there is a way to keep Miller next year, or the drop off will sure be noticable.

I also do not think it is a coincidence that Miller caught Suppan and Cappy this turn-- and both had much better outing. Suppan even stated that the game was called better. Could it be that the pitchers are more comfortable and effecitve pitching to Miller?

Archived