Brewer Fanatic

Braun nominated for Gold Glove (Gerardo Parra wins it for NL LF)

He fields the ball really well towards the line but I think he struggles at balls to his left or in the gap. The fact that he fast helps him make up for the balls he misjudges. He has an awkward throwing motion but has a fairly strong arm and is accurate throwing to 2nd but throwing home is hit or miss. Over all I think he is a decent to good outfielder.

If this is indeed a Gold Glove for a LF Braun is a fine choice; obviously there are a ton of other OF that would be more deserving if the gold glove was for OF.. Braun is a better fielder than Holliday; don't know about Parra. Braun will probably get it simply for his offensive season.
Parra is phenomenal. Everytime I watched the D'Backs play I was absolutely enthralled by watching his defense. It's like watching Gomez in CF. He's that good. If Braun wasn't a Brewer, I would be rooting hard for Parra and If Parra gets it, I will not be upset in the least.

There are a couple posters on this board who are convinced Braun is a terrible fielder so I would love to see their reaction if he wins.

That he'll be one in a long line of terrible fielders who have won a gold glove. Of the three listed, he would be third but voters will remember Holliday's miscue last year and Parra can't hit like the other two soI expect Braun to get it at this point.. The NL as a whole has pretty terrible LFers outside of Parra and other players who are pretty good like Prado only play there part time.

The Gold Gloves are voted on by the managers. MVP is voted on by the BBWAA. Two different set of voters that can come up with two drastically different winners.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

That he'll be one in a long line of terrible fielders who have won a gold glove.

The point he was making is Braun is not a terrible left fielder like some have said. He's actually above average for left fielders. You simply misjudged how good he is or how bad the rest of the league is in left. Left and first are where teams hide their good hitting, bad fielding players so it shouldn't shock anyone that, given his tools, Braun is above average there.

Of the three listed, he would be third but voters will remember Holliday's miscue last year

You don't think Braun having comparable perhaps a little bit better defensive stats could have something to do with why he might be chosen ahead of Holliday?

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Just saying, if nationally people think Kemp is an all world defender, they probably think he's the MVP
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

There are a couple posters on this board who are convinced Braun is a terrible fielder so I would love to see their reaction if he wins.

That he'll be one in a long line of terrible fielders who have won a gold glove. Of the three listed, he would be third but voters will remember Holliday's miscue last year and Parra can't hit like the other two soI expect Braun to get it at this point.. The NL as a whole has pretty terrible LFers outside of Parra and other players who are pretty good like Prado only play there part time.

He is not a terrible defender. He may have been but he is not anymore. With the MVP talk most scouts/analysts said he was average to above average. They said Fielder was terrible though. They actually said defense and base-running were the biggest edges Braun had over Fielder.

You think he is terrible and that is your call but there are plenty here on this board that would say he is average to better. I will agree that he didnt deserve the Gold Glove but disagree that he is a terrible fielder

Who is the better OF between Braun and Hart?
Hart did seem to really regress for a guy who was only in his age 29 season. He looked slow, tentative and generally like a liability in RF. Really surprising to me given that he has never had a major injury, should still be in his prime and was the fastest guy on the team just two years ago.

Just saying, if nationally people think Kemp is an all world defender, they probably think he's the MVP

Then it's a good thing the two sets of voters are completely different http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived