Brewer Fanatic

CC Sabathia re-signs with Yankees 5 years/122 million

adamb100

Someone in another thread mentioned offering Fielder a contract with an opt-out clause. This is why teams should never offer opt-out clauses. Had CC gotten hurt, or under-performed, the Yankees would have been stuck with the original contract. Since he has performed well, they now have to up the ante. The original contract was far more than any other team would have offered, and now he's getting even more.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

That's a great photo / caption, TLB. What's that fool doing? It looks kind of like Dead Beast Mode.

Yankees fans deserve only pain. They are so far overdrawn at the karma bank, I'm surprised they don't all have meteorites fall on them. Every time I think bad thoughts about the 80s, I remember how bad the Yankees were, and I immediately start joyously humming "The Safety Dance."

The world would be a better place if more five year-old Yankees fans were sobbing uncontrollably over their team's failures. They would grow up to be better people, rather than growing up to be -- well, that guy in the photo.

I don't know for sure, I didn't create the image, but I assume he's flaunting the championship rings.

Also, my gf is a diehard, life-long Yankees fan who posts here semi-regularly & is nothing like what you described!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived