Brewer Fanatic

4 Brewers free agents are ranked

PrinceEatMeat
What are Barmes and Furcal ranked, as I think they're both possibilities for the Brewers next year?
Both are the last two ranked Type B free agents on the list I saw.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

What are Barmes and Furcal ranked, as I think they're both possibilities for the Brewers next year?
Both are the last two ranked Type B free agents on the list I saw.

Good. I think they're the most likely candidates to fill SS for us. Nice to know we wouldn't have to give up a pick.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Really happy to hear that K-Rod won't have the old type A status where the signing team has to give up a pick. IMO it was going to be to big of a risk to offer him arbitration, now it seem's like a lock for the Brewers to offer him arbitration.

I too was wondering about the Saito option also. Hopefully that possibility is a moot point and the Brewers just find a way to resign him. As a semi related tangent would a Saito resigning help the Brewers in the future attempting to sign Japanese import free agents? I'm not talking the Yu Darvish's of the world but Hisanori Takahashi or Koji Uehara etc.

Looks like the Brewers catch a pretty huge break with the new CBA at least in regards to K-Rod. According to mlbtraderumors.com;

Heath Bell, Michael Cuddyer, Kelly Johnson, Ryan Madson, Josh Willingham and Francisco Rodriguez will all be modified Type A free agents under the new CBA, according to Rosenthal (all Twitter links). Teams that lose these players after offering arbitration will obtain first round picks in the slot before the signing team.

So this should still make it very, very, very likely that the Brewers will offer him arbitration and still get a 1st round pick. No mention is made to a supplemental pick but hopefully that would also be a part of it.

Here's to hoping the Marlins, Mets, Reds or Bluejays sign Rodriguez.

Archived