Brewer Fanatic

Tony La Russa retiring

Invader3K

Well if anything positive can come out of the Cards winning the World Series, this is definitely one of them. I'm assuming Duncan will be leaving too since they have worked together since the 80's. He was definitely an intelligent manager but undoubtedly benefited greatly by having many of his superstar players taking steroids. Also, Ozzie Smith is probably doing cartwheels and backflips in his house since he despised La Russa.

But I was really starting to enjoy hating the Cards (I generally don't hate other teams, so this was somewhat new for me. This year just sent me over the top.) and LaRussa was a big reason for my hatred. I guess I can still hate them as long as Carpenter is still on the team.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'm assuming Duncan will be leaving too since they have worked together since the 80's.
TLR has said in the past, if Duncan retires, so would he. Not sure if he was 100% serious but given Duncan's wife's serious health issues and the amount of time Duncan was gone this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Duncan told TLR some time ago that he wouldn't be back.

http://robsmithjr.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2009-0215-celebrate.jpg

I thought about posting our time-honored "celebratory cork pop" image, but thought it might be better to celebrate this without alcohol.

Here's hoping the STL clubhouse and organization become less cultlike.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hard to stomach with my photo to the left. Good thing for him is he will have more time to drink and drive and sleep at the wheel with his foot on the brake. On another note, the Cardinals won't need him. I predict right now the Cardinals will be a lot better next year and win 100 games. Put Wainwright in that rotation and re-sign Pujols....unstoppable team. Crown them Divisional Champs today.

I thought about posting our time-honored "celebratory cork pop" image, but thought it might be better to celebrate this without alcohol.

Nice one.

In a way I'm a little disappointed. I wanted him to come back and us beat him down. That would have been satisfying. As much as I hated him he was a very good manager. He had a way of getting all his guys to hate everyone and everything else so much that they never let up or gave up. He was the master of effective bitterness.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Keith Law's reaction on Twitter was that the Cards need to call Francona.

This is actually who I dread that they may hire, since I think Francona's a good in-game manager. There has to be at least a 50% chance Francona winds up in the NL Central next season, with the Cards & Cubs both having vacancies (& obvious ties with Epstein).

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

He's a bad dude, he showed it against the Brewers and other NL Central opponents, many of his players follow his mean spirited hypocritical personality...good riddance. He can now settle in to finish his book on the unwritten rules of baseball. The only bad thing is we'll never have a chance to get even with him because in the end, he did have the last word. I only hope the Cardinals fall into a Cubs-esque demise that gets me through my remaining days.

Archived