Brewer Fanatic

on the couch like a big, fat pig

JET15

Lance Berkman on the postponement of game 6 tonight

"I guess I'm going to go lay up on the couch like a big, fat pig and watch a movie or something."

Sounds like a plan

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

nate82[/b]]I was watching SportsCenter today and I swore I saw one of the Rangers guys walking around when they were interviewing someone at Busch stadium wearing a Beast Mode T-shirt. Anyone else catch that?

I think they have something that looks pretty similar. I've seen shots of fans in the stands wearing t-shirts that have an image that looks like a "one hand beast mode". Not sure what that is all about.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Ducks on the pond or claw and antler?

http://shop.mlb.com/famil...0&cp=1452369.1452921

The "claw" is the one I have seen that I think look similar to the "beast mode" (except, of course, just one hand). "Ducks on the pond" looks like AZ's "snake bite" (or whatever they call it).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

nate82[/b]]I was watching SportsCenter today and I swore I saw one of the Rangers guys walking around when they were interviewing someone at Busch stadium wearing a Beast Mode T-shirt. Anyone else catch that?

I think they have something that looks pretty similar. I've seen shots of fans in the stands wearing t-shirts that have an image that looks like a "one hand beast mode". Not sure what that is all about.

Actually it said Beast Mode on his shirt. Was similar to the blue shirts that you can see in the MLB store but instead of the Antlers or whatever that other thing is it had Beast Mode written on the shirt.

That interview Berkman gave about the Brewers-Cardinals antipathy was one of the best interviews by an athlete that I've heard in a while, because he was both honest and fair-minded. That and Greinke's interview were both fantastic. I have a ton of respect for Berkman. Plus he's agreeably goofy-looking.

Several of the young guys on the Cardinals seem fine. Freese appears to be a decent guy. He's from here, and he seems genuinely stunned and thrilled to be playing for his favorite team. Jay keeps his head down and plays hard. Both of those guys, as players, deserve a huge chunk of the credit for beating us, and -- when they aren't beating us -- I like watching both of them play. I also sort of like Scrabble because of all the grief he takes for his name. The interchangeable (especially to Saint Tony in game five) hard-throwing, heavily facial-haired relief pitchers seem inoffensive enough.

But of the veterans, Berkman is the only one in whom I've noticed any signs of likability.

He's like Jim Thome, just a decent, normal guy. Did you catch the post game interview on Fox? He was pretty humble and took the time to compliment the pitcher on his game tying hit in the 10th.

I like this quote too:

"I actually felt pretty good about it because I figured I was in a no-lose situation," Berkman said. "If you don't come through right there, it's only one at-bat and it's over with and they might talk about it for a couple of days but it's not that big a deal. If you come through, it's great and plus you've built a little bank account of being able to come through, so that I don't come through tomorrow I can be like, well, I came through in Game 6, what do you want me to do?"

Most every fiber of my being wants to loathe Berkman because he's wearing the uniform of the Classies. But, he's a great guy, very down to earth, and has a great sense of humor. So, after the game tonight, I'll go back to liking him. Until then....it's on.

Ducks on the pond or claw and antler?

http://shop.mlb.com/famil...0&cp=1452369.1452921

The "claw" is the one I have seen that I think look similar to the "beast mode" (except, of course, just one hand). "Ducks on the pond" looks like AZ's "snake bite" (or whatever they call it).

the rangers kinda started the antlers & claw thing in '10... so really it's not "the claw" that's similar to the "beast mode", it's the "beast mode" that's similar to "the claw".

Archived