Brewer Fanatic

TLR plays the telephone game during game 5 of the WS

JET15

Who's buying TLR's telephone gate story?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/article_8305d4d0-febe-11e0-8872-0019bb30f31a.html

Gotta love this line from the article:

I was, however, surprised when the pizza-delivery man showed up on the pitcher's mound with a large pepperoni (extra cheese) in the bottom of the eighth.

I just wish TLR had these brain farts during out series!

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I laughed out loud in my office when I read this description of the game from Jeff Passan on Yahoo Sports:

"All of it was too funny to believe. The malfunctioning bullpen phone. The bullpen coach not hearing a name, then confusing the name “Motte” with “Lynn.” Intentional walks distributed like Halloween candy. Using the pitcher who was told before the game he wouldn’t be used. Sending a left-handed pitcher against a right-handed hitter who destroys southpaws. And everything in the same inning no less, an eighth La Russa wishes he could stick in a sepulcher and forget it ever happened.

And that doesn’t even include the “mix-up” on the basepaths or the three ill-timed sacrifice bunts or any of the other bits of bizarro baseball that saw La Russa’s managerial IQ degrade as the game wore on, like he was Charlie in “Flowers for Algernon.”

From the article
Others in the bullpen offered a different version of events [than those offered by LaRussa] of the phone calls and instructions, so who really knows what happened?

I would love to hear from the bullpen about what LaDrunk was really doing.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"I ran out of gas. I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money

for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in

from out of town. Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible

flood! Locusts! It wasn't my fault, I swear to God!"

For those who want to see the original

Nice snark by Boswell in the Washington Post: "In LaRussa's postgame version of the snafu, an account that may change with time, the manager says . . ."

Carpenter's account of the incident with Nyjer changed, of course, with time.

Archived