Brewer Fanatic

Gibson named NL MOY by Sporting News and BBWAA

AZBrewCrew

Not a surprise. They usually hand these awards to the team that overproduced the most. Won't surprise me if that team is under .500 next year.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were as they got some key players to play well beyond their talent levels. The Dbacks do have a good team and should compete for the NL West next year. This isn't the Padres of '10 where they relied completely on their pitching and some of their pitching pitched better than anyone could have imagined. The Dbacks will still have Upton and Goldschmidt looks to be a legitimate MLB player probably will be just above average for a 1B. Montero is also a good offensive catcher and he looked as though he improved a ton defensively this year. The only questions really are Young and Roberts and the Dbacks will have Drew back healthy which is one of the reasons why they lost to the Brewers. If Drew wouldn't have gone down with an injury that series may have went the Dbacks way as Drew is a better defender and he hits better than what they had at SS at that time.

I don't believe the Dbacks will do what they did this year next year again but the NL West is very winnable as I don't see any team in that division who will be able to run away with it. A lot of question marks in that division on nearly every team.

Agreed on the point that it normally goes to the team that overproduced the most.

This is The Sporting News' award, not the Baseball Writers' Assn. It's a great award for Gibson, but it's not the "official" one.

Good catch on that! I was trying to post and rock my son to sleep at the same time and missed that. thanks!

Formerly AirShuttle6104

• 4 weeks later...

Archived