Brewer Fanatic

Carpenter still very classy...

BrandonBurns
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well come'on now. I think you are deserving of a little bit of slack when you hit a HR that pretty much gives your franchise a Division Title for the first time in about 30 years.

I watch pretty much every game. I agree that Fielder stands there longer than Braun. But do I personally care when any player does it? No, not really.

I hate when the Cardinals, or anybody, starts lecturing anybody else about unwritten rules. Just go about your own business, and let everybody else take care of theirs. If Nyjer Morgan sprinted across the field and sprayed shaving cream all over the faces of the Cardinals in the dugout, the right response would be to carry him back to the Milwaukee dugout, wipe off the shaving cream, and play the bloody game. There is no good justification for telling other people how they're supposed to conduct themselves. None.

I don't care about the other stuff. I don't care if players taunt each other. I don't care if Pujols watches his home runs. I don't care if Carpenter screams obscenities at the hitter. I mean, I care insofar as it makes me not like him, but that's just me; I don't think it's bad for baseball. What do I know about what's good or bad for baseball? All I care about is that people shut up and leave the unwritten rules as unspoken rules. Conduct yourself in a way you feel good about, and let that be enough to get you by.

I watch pretty much every game. I agree that Fielder stands there longer than Braun. But do I personally care when any player does it? No, not really.
This is pretty much my opinion as well; I mainly despise the hypocrisy.
The hypocrisy drives me crazy. Braun should be able to show excitement for giving a division championship to his team, but if he called out another player for doing the same thing that is where I would get annoyed with him. I agree with posters here that say Prince stares them down more. Part of it might have to do with his huge swing sometimes he is too off-balance to start running and he just can watch the ball

I was hoping all year that Betancourt would end an interview with "Aaah! Yo vaminos!"

This attempt at Spanish is has me totally giggling.

My guess is you were going for "Yo vamonos" - but that translates to "I let's go" so that's not right.

There's no real translation for "Gotta" so my best guess would be "I have to go" which is "Tengo que ir"

Not trying to be a pain - I really did find it to be hilarious and I thought I'd give the right answer.

Not trying to be a pain - I really did find it to be hilarious and I thought I'd give the right answer.

No worries. I barely speak English, much less a foreign language. I'm more the "grunt ad point" kind of communicator. I just wish Yuni would have done something like that (with Yo translating, of course). It would have been hilarious.

Since Braun was criticized in his first season or two for being a showboat, I've paid attention to what he does and I cannot think of a time in recent memory when he has jacked a homer and stood there striking a pose.
1:17?

That's celebrating, not showboating. Plus, it seems like he made a conscious effort to cut the celebration short (namely the holding the bat up in the air part), lest it look like showboating.

Have you ever noticed how some of the least classy people criticize other people for not being classy?

R.I.P. Andy

Actually, this might be a good thread on its own. In honor of Andy, of course

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Archived