Brewer Fanatic

Deep Pocketed Brewers Fan Needed--1982 WS Final Out Ball Up for Auction

JimH5

SCP Auctions is selling a 1982 World Series ball with provenance claiming that it was the ball used to record the final out in the Series.

http://www.scpauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=17426&searchby=4&searchvalue=577&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=1&seo=FINAL-OUT-BASEBALL-USED-IN-GAME-SEVEN-OF-THE-1982-WORLD-SERIES---ST.-LOUIS-CARDINALS-DEFEAT-THE-MILW

The auction opens October 28th. It closes November 19th. This is lot #577 and the opening bid is $5,000. There is also a reserve on the lot, so I'm guessing that $5,000 won't take it.

Didn't someone buy the Bartman ball and have it blown up at a Cubs bar in Chicago? I think this needs to have a similar fate.

Maybe someone can dig through Jane Pettit's couch cushions or something and come up with enough to buy this ball. That would be clutch!

Would have been even cooler to destroy it had we beat the Cardinals in this year's NLDS.

The celebration of winning the world series coupled with destroying that ball would have been 100% priceless!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• 4 weeks later...

Final cost to the winning bidder including buyer's premium. . .$22,796.

Not as much as some of the more recent homerun balls, but still a very high price.

Hopefully we'll see it surface in SE Wisconsin.

Archived