Brewer Fanatic

2011 World Series: AL Champion vs. NL Champion

hawing
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not like it's going to "affect my life" or anything, but I just don't want to watch the Cardinals celebrate.

La Russa "smiling" and clapping tonight was one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen.

My sentiments exactly. I won't wake up Saturday morning bitter and angry allowing it to affect my mood, but in the moment tomorrow night it would leave a pit in my stomach watching LaRussa, Carpenter, Molina, and Pujols bask in the glory of a World Series title.

The Cardinals just don't bug me, don't know why. They generally play the game the right way, La Russa is one of the better managers out there even though he is a boob. I originally said I was cheering for the Cardinals but on second thought I hope the Rangers win but this series has been so amazing I really don't care who wins, it was one of the better post season series I've seen in quite some time.

Not like it's going to "affect my life" or anything, but I just don't want to watch the Cardinals celebrate.

La Russa "smiling" and clapping tonight was one of the most unsettling things I've ever seen.

My sentiments exactly. I won't wake up Saturday morning bitter and angry allowing it to affect my mood, but in the moment tomorrow night it would leave a pit in my stomach watching LaRussa, Carpenter, Molina, and Pujols bask in the glory of a World Series title.

You two both do realize that you don't have to watch them celebrate if they win, right? I also will not enjoy watching them celebrate if they win, that's why I won't watch.

I can't ever remember a team having this kind of "team of destiny" aura like these Cardinals. More lives than a cat. Unbelievable.

If St. Louis wins this thing, the Brewers can at least look back with dignity about two very significant things: 1) The last 3 times they've made the playoffs, they'll have lost to the eventual WS champs; and 2) They made it within 2 wins of the World Series and were the last team eliminated before the WS loser lost the WS. I don't care how you slice that latter one, but in the big picture, there's no disgrace in the season they had (though you could argue there was at minimum some ugly loss of face for how badly they lost the last 2 games to the Cardinals).

I really keep rooting for the Cardinals to lose. But it hasn't worked since late August, so I don't have great hopes that that's going to change much in the season's last game tomorrow night. Boo!

Oh, it would be quite pleasing, though, should Texas actually come back tomorrow night and totally shut down St. Louis (PAST the last out, since just getting up to the last out isn't enough to convince the Cardinals they're going to lose).

I understand the bitterness to watch this go the way it's going. But as a baseball fan, this has been an amazing series. My disdain for Pujols, Molina, TLR and CC are clouding my ability to just sit back and enjoy what's happening right now. But no matter how you slice it, this has been one of the best series in recent memory.

I'm a glutton for punishment. I stood and watched the Cards celebrate at MP and I'll watch them do the same if (when) they pull it off tomorrow. I know that looking back on 2011, this will be one of the most memorable seasons I've had as a baseball fan. I've never gone through so much excitement, tension, disappointment and now bitter..........something. I guess I have to tip my hat to the Cards no matter what happens tomorrow. Call it luck. Call it fate. Call it crap. But it's why I watch sports. I guess the joy of winning wouldn't be so great if the pain of watching a team like St Louis win weren't so awful.

I don't buy any of that garbage I just wrote. I'm just trying to make myself feel better. I'm going to go puke now.

If the Cards find a way to win last nights game they just aren't going to lose tonight. This is just there year; just a crazy crazy run. David Freese has been amazing the entire postseason; when you add him to Pujols, Berkman, Holliday, Furcal, Etc that is a damn fine line up.

I was one strike away and maybe a couple inches away from celebrating a Rangers Win / Cards loss; it has got to be hard to come from that for the Rangers

I said outside of Miller Park after Game 6, that if it was any team besides the Cardinals, we'd be able to talk about what an unbelievable run they were having, maybe one of the most storybook ends to a season ever. Last night was undoubtedly one of the best World Series games of all time, and yes, it being the Cardinals leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, but as a baseball fan, that's just simply an unimaginable turn of events, and it happened twice!

Here's my dream scenario for tonight's game. Rangers win in a laugher, 20-5. Another 3 HR game from Poo, leading the Cards to offer him a 10 year, $350 million contract tomorrow. This cripples their franchise for the next 15 years, as over the winter, Poo flies to some foreign country and his right arm gets horrifically dismembered in a plane crash. It is then revealed that he is 40 and has been taking an undetectable, age hiding drug, that is akin to steroids. 5 years from now, he'll be 125 pounds. A boy can dream, can't he?

Archived