Brewer Fanatic

The Cardinals bullpen hasn't been a problem for ages...

Ennder
Seriously I'm tired of hearing about it at this point. They had 7 solid RP for the entire 2nd half of the season. They didn't have the disadvantage in the Brewers series and if they have it in the Rangers series it isn't by much. They had a clear advantage in the bullpen in the Phillies series. It baffles me that this is still a story brought up all of the time when all of the issues happened in the first 2 months of the season.

Seriously I'm tired of hearing about it at this point. They had 7 solid RP for the entire 2nd half of the season. They didn't have the disadvantage in the Brewers series and if they have it in the Rangers series it isn't by much. They had a clear advantage in the bullpen in the Phillies series. It baffles me that this is still a story brought up all of the time when all of the issues happened in the first 2 months of the season.
Yes. Go back and look at the game threads for the series. I wish I had a dollar for every time someone wrote how bad the Cards bullpen was and how the Brewers were going to crush it.

I can't believe Larussa pulled Motte in the 9th for Rhodes. How can you call a guy your closer and then pull him the first time he gets in a little trouble. I'll take Motte's 99mph over Rhodes junk any day.

I can't believe Larussa pulled Motte in the 9th for Rhodes. How can you call a guy your closer and then pull him the first time he gets in a little trouble. I'll take Motte's 99mph over Rhodes junk any day.
I hope Tony does it again and again, causing the Cards to implode. I really, really, really, really don't want them to win.

That's the thing, though -- TLR has never called Motte his closer. Since the Cards dumped Franklin, he hasn't called any reliever his "closer" and has lectured the media whenever they referred to Salas or Motte as "the closer."

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I can believe it. His M.O. is to over manage. If it was a bad decision to pull his pitcher there it was a bad decision to have an early hook in the NLCS. His (and our) players just made him look smarter against us. Personally, like most decisions a manager makes in any game, I think it was a decision that is neither good nor bad. Only the results are.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Really, without all those blown saves by the Cardinals early in the year, they would have won the division. So it's not like this run should be surprising because once their bullpen settled down they started to win.

Archived