Brewer Fanatic

Need help coming up with Brewers triva questions

jason21nl

I'm getting married Saturday and I hate the clinking of glasses. So instead, we are doing Brewers trivia and if they want us to kiss they have to answer the question correctly. I'd like to have the questions range from easy to medium difficulty with some hard ones in there as well.

I'm interested to see what you guys come up with! Thanks!

In what year did Cecil Cooper hit .352? ---- 1980

In what year were the Milwaukee Brewers born?----- 1970

In 2011 a Milwaukee Brewer hit .332. Name Him. ----- Ryan Braun

Robin Yount won a gold glove at two positions. Name Them.----- SS, CF

Who "hacks" on 3-0? (three and oh)------ chuck carr (chuckie)

Who holds the Brewers record for most home runs?------ Robin Yount 251

Which Pitcher holds the Brewers record for career wins as a Brewer?---- Mike Caldwell 117

What position does Jonathan Lucroy play? ----- C

On a score Card, defensive players are assigned a number to show their position. What number is Short Stop?------ 6

In 2011, Milwaukee's stolen base leader had 33 successful attempts, while being caught 6 times. Who is he?---- Ryan Braun

Which Brewer pitcher had the SECOND most wins for the 2011 season? ----- Greinke with 16

What's the name of the Brewer's mascot?---------- Bernie Brewer

Name the 5 racing sausages found at Miller Park----- Bratwurst, Hot Dog, Polish, Italian, Chorizo

Which racing sausage had the most wins in 2011 with a total of 25?--------- Hot Dog

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Which Pitcher holds the Brewers record for career wins as a Brewer?---- Mike Caldwell 117

Baseball-reference.com says that Jim Slaton has 117 wins to lead the franchise. Caldwell is 2nd with 102.

You don't want wedding reception fisticuffs. . .at least not because of a trivia question.

Who was the first Brewer to record a hit in the All-Star Game? Larry Hisle in 1978.

Who was the first Brewer to record an extrabase hit in the All-Star Game? Jeromy Burnitz with a double in 1999.

Who has the most managerial wins in Brewers history? Phil Garner 563-617

Congratulations on the marriage. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

You need both easy and hard questions. The harder the question, the "better" the kiss.

Which franchise moved to Milwaukee to become the Brewers? … Seattle Pilots

Which Milwaukee Brewers pitcher was convicted of murder? … Julio Machado

Which Milwaukee Brewer was known as The Boomer? … George Scott

Who pitched the only no-hitter in Brewers history? … Juan Nieves

Which current Major League team was previously known as the Milwaukee Brewers? … Baltimore Orioles

Which early Brewers owner shares the name of a sunken ship? … Edmund Fitzgerald

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

To prevent further mayhem, Robin only won a GG at SS, he won MVPs at SS and CF. And Chuckie hacks on 2 and 0.

For the older folks there, what 3 players played for both the Milwaukee Braves and the Brewers: Hank Aaron, Felipe Alou and the tough one, Phil Roof.

Who was the first Brewer to win the MVP award? … Rollie Fingers

Who was the first Brewer to hit for the cycle? … Mike Hegan

Who holds the franchise record for stolen bases? … Tommy Harper (as a Seattle Pilot in 1969: "franchise" is the operative word in this trick question)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Which former Brewer stole (then teammate) Dennis Eckersley's wife?
Rick Manning
That's it. Here's another of my favorite Brewer trivia questions. Reggie Jackson led the American League in homers four times. In three of those, he tied for the lead with a Brewer. Name those Brewers.

Who are the four players in Brewers history to compile seasons of 30 HRs, 100 RBI's, and a .300+ batting average.

Ryan Braun (2011) Cecil Cooper (1982, 1983) Ben Oglivie (1980) and who could forget John Jaha (1996)

The real stumper of course is Jaha. Common wrong answers are Prince, Yount, Molitor, Jenkins, Burnitz.

Also, a great resource for coming up with Brewers trivia questions is the Franchise Timeline on Brewers.com Just about every factoid listed from 1970 to present could be turned into a trivia question.

Here's the link.... http://mlb.mlb.com/mil/history/timeline.jsp

TooLiveBrew and I were in attendance at jason21nl wedding this weekend. It was lovely and the bride was gorgeous.

And bf.net would be very happy to know there were plenty of Brewer references from the trivia (although it was done a little differently than mentioned) to the favors to the Grand March.

BTW, I never heard of the Grand March until I moved to Wisconsin. I'm been to plenty of weddings (only on the east coast) where the wedding party is introduced but not with something choreographed. I'm assuming it's a Wisconsin tradition.

Thanks everyone for the question ideas! I had about 25 of them written down but forgot them in the limo so instead of everyone else having to answer questions, I had people ask my wife and I questions. Betancourt still getting under my skin as I didn't know how to spell his first name!

It was nice to see you guys there!! Thank you for coming http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived