Brewer Fanatic

Sale tracker for postseason merchandise.

hawing

I'm sure our collective bf.net mind can keep better track of which retailers are discounting Brewers postseason merchandise than I can alone.

I had Monday off, so I checked the west Madison Kohl's (no discounts yet on postseason items), Penney's (no discounts on any MLB items, which is bizarre for them), and ShopKo (50% off postseason caps, but they didn't have much Brewers merchandise to begin with). I expect Madison stores to move Brewers stuff faster than Milwaukee stores, if only to make (even) more room for Badgers/Packers merchandise.

I'm specifically hoping to score some of the NL Central Champions pint glasses at a discount. Thanks in advance, if you notice anything and contribute here!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yes, which store has the pint glasses? Do they also have the shot glasses?

I saw them on ebay, but the seller was selling 2 pint glasses and 2 shot glasses together for $40. Just don't need all 4, but would like one of each.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I haven't seen pint glasses - which store is carrying those?
I saw some at the west Madison Kohl's on Monday. $24 for two glasses, which is why I'm hoping for a discount. They were also at the ballpark stores during October, I want to say for $15 each, but they weren't boxed there and no way would I have had faith I could keep them unbroken all the way out of the park (this was in the terrace level store), much less all the way to the car and home.

I should add that a store that often has Sports team merchandise that no one realizes is Boston Store. Since no one thinks of them as having the merchandise, they often have too much and have to discount it.

I've found this at a lot of their stores, but especially at the one in the Grand Avenue in downtown Milwaukee.

They went nuts for the Super Bowl and had racks upon racks of merchandise that no one was going to Boston Store downtown to buy. You have to be a little patient - the discounts start small, but they do grow. I bought a tshirt that was marked $32 for $6 and bought my brother a $90 jacket for $20 two months or so after the fact.

I also bought a throwback Brewers jersey there after the season for under $30.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI, just bought two clubhouse version Division Champs hoodies from Boston Store's website @ $23.99 a piece plus $5.00 for shipping and then tax. Probably a little cheaper than what they'll be at the clubhouse sale (got an '08 Wild Card one at the sale for $25.00 or $30.00?) plus you don't have to wait another month to get them...

I was at the west Madison Kohl's tonight and some of their postseason merchandise is now 50% off - not all of it, for some reason. The merchandise that wasn't 50% off was 20% off.

The pint glasses I coveted are long gone, which makes it just as well that I bought some at regular price when there were still some in Madison - rather than have to drive closer to Milwaukee where the selection might be better. I enjoy mixing chocolate milk just that much more when it's in a NL Central Champions glass. (Yes, I'm lame.) The Kohl's I checked had maybe half a dozen sets of paired shot glasses, now for $7.50.

The Boston Store I checked in Madison two weeks ago had nary a Brewers item. I guess in Dane County the Badger and Packer stuff takes up too much space.

In 2008 the Brewers had a postseason merchandise sale at the team store in late October or so - definitely separate from the clubhouse sale. I remember being a little incensed about it because we'd just made a special trip the weekend before and bought stuff at regular price. I might email our ticket rep to see if something like that is in the plans for this fall. If I find out, I'll post here.

I was at the west Madison Kohl's tonight and some of their postseason merchandise is now 50% off - not all of it, for some reason. The merchandise that wasn't 50% off was 20% off.

The pint glasses I coveted are long gone, which makes it just as well that I bought some at regular price when there were still some in Madison - rather than have to drive closer to Milwaukee where the selection might be better. I enjoy mixing chocolate milk just that much more when it's in a NL Central Champions glass. (Yes, I'm lame.) The Kohl's I checked had maybe half a dozen sets of paired shot glasses, now for $7.50.

The Boston Store I checked in Madison two weeks ago had nary a Brewers item. I guess in Dane County the Badger and Packer stuff takes up too much space.

In 2008 the Brewers had a postseason merchandise sale at the team store in late October or so - definitely separate from the clubhouse sale. I remember being a little incensed about it because we'd just made a special trip the weekend before and bought stuff at regular price. I might email our ticket rep to see if something like that is in the plans for this fall. If I find out, I'll post here.

I remember the team store sale as well. I distinctly remember getting a couple $5 clubhouse tee's and $1 Wild Card keychains. Let us know what you find out.

Archived