Brewer Fanatic

Dugout Demeanor

OldSchoolSnapper
I was at the game last night and one thing really stood out immediately. From the very first inning, the Brewers had a couple of players leaning over the railing but most of them were sitting down, some by themselves, on the bench. On the other side, literally every single Cardinals player was leaning over the rail intently hanging on every pitch. Maybe it's nothing, maybe I was looking too much into things, but I definitely noticed it. I would hate to think the Brewers quit, and I don't think they did as they did battle back early, but it was unsettling to see.

Yeah, my wife asked at a certain point what the score was, and I tell her 11-6 in the 5th and she responds, "Well, they could still come back" but I didn't get that impression whatsoever from them--they really did look deflated. And I hated how Prince acknowledged Pujols calling the OT during what turned out to be his final AB--it was indeed a classy (yep, sorry) gesture from Albert, but I hated the feeling I got from Pince by that acknowledgment that, yeah, it's all over but the shouting.

But who am I, Freud? Fairly sure they didn't lose just because they didn't want it enough.

So your saying if they all would have just been on the top rail cheering, then they would have won. Well why didn't you tell them that. Jeeze. Way to blow it.

We need a thread with all the other reasons they lost.

1) Prince thinking about free agency.

2) Beast mode unprofessoinal and silly. Profession serious teams only win in postseason. (pay no attention to the giants last year.)

3) Thundersticks not passed out for game 6.

4) Bernie's slide not intimidating unless he's sliding into giant beer mug

What else do we have?

I was more annoyed watching Prince laughing in the dugout when they lost game 5 with Taylor Green. That was annoying. Why are you laughing in the dugout as the game is ending.

Keep on laughing Prince...it would not surprise me at all that you never in your career make it as far as you just did with the 11' Brewers.

So your saying if they all would have just been on the top rail cheering, then they would have won. Well why didn't you tell them that. Jeeze. Way to blow it.

That is not what he is saying, he making an observation that the Brewers looked deflated when there was still alot of time left in the game and appeared to have given up. I can't exactly blame them considering their pitching couldn't get anyone out and they were constantly playing from behind the entire series. I have no clue how you can come to such a conclusion based on what he wrote considering how condescending your reply was.

I was more annoyed watching Prince laughing in the dugout when they lost game 5 with Taylor Green. That was annoying. Why are you laughing in the dugout as the game is ending.
Maybe someone said something funny? You ever try to lighten a bad or serious mood with a joke?

I've heard this anger from others regarding Prince laughing at the end of that loss. What do people expect? For one, it is a series. The season wasn't over. They just did something that that had 70 other times over the previous 6 months. Do guys need to throw bats? Break stuff? Cry? Not speak to eachother when behind after the 7th?

Come on. This is baseball.

Wasn't it Game 3 when Prince was laughing sitting in the dugout in the 9th inning of a one run loss? I thought Game 5 was when Prince was laughing on the way back to the dugout after striking out? Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear I thought more negatively of the laughing because it was such a close game...and they were losing.

But I think the main point of this thread is that the Brewers seemed to 'not have their game face on' for most of the series. Maybe this fun loving bunch didn't have it in them, I don't know, but the Cardinals were all business and the Brewers seemed nonchalant.

But I think the main point of this thread is that the Brewers seemed to 'not have their game face on' for most of the series. Maybe this fun loving bunch didn't have it in them, I don't know, but the Cardinals were all business and the Brewers seemed nonchalant.

Which is how both teams acted for 162 games before the playoffs as well.

Archived