Brewer Fanatic

Please do not sign Fielder thread

Hammer
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is ranked as a higher FA than Reyes right?

I don't think those old rankings matter much anymore but I believe Pujols was the only FA rated higher than Prince.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but something gives me the feeling that now that Pujols has signed outside of the division I think the Brewers maybe more aggersive than most think. The KRod arbitration deal throws a wrench into it, but I have a feeling (nothing more than that) that Mark A. views this as a substantial opportunity to be very competitive within our division for a few years. Whether that means its Fielder (which I am not personally a fan of), ARam, or a big trade I just think they will do something to get another bat in the lineup.

I don't think KRod really throws that big of a wrench in to it. I mean, if they really want to, they can look a little foolish and just release him for the 2-3 million or maybe see if anybody would take him. We gave up virtually nothing to get him in the first place so getting virtually nothing back would be fine too.

Mark A. has shown that he isn't opposed to losing money if it meant we could win and after this year KRod and Wolf contracts come off the books, as well as potential free agents Greinke and Marcum. Say what you want about keeping those guys, that's another story but they could make it work this year if they wanted I think.

Mark could spend a little more, take a small loss year-to-year, but you have to think the overall value of the franchise will increase more than enough to make up for it, especially if they are able to make more deep playoff runs (or a WS win obviously). When he sells the team he'll get that $ back.

Jon Heyman claims that the Brewers aren't done pursuing Fielder. I don't really buy it, personally.

Jon Heyman is practically on Scott Boras's payroll. Anything he has to say about a Boras client should be taken with several grains of salt.

Well I guess we're going to find out pretty soon just who's in & who's out on Fielder. This should be fun.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

So with Albert signed does this make Kendry Morales available? I'd rather see Doug tell Prince, thanks, but we can get a younger guy for cheaper, who still pounds the snot out of the ball.
..and who has had a total of 193 ABs over the last 2 years http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

From MLBtraderumors

From Tom H twitter

Cardinals have said

emphatically that if they lost Pujols, they would not go after Fielder.

Considered Pujols a special case for club.

So, who does that leave for the chance to sign Fielder for only 5 years?

Brewers, BlueJays, Orioles, Mariners?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Now that the Angels got Pujols and Wilson, the Rangers might go hard after Fielder.
Good point.

Are there any NL teams left besides us who seem like they have a decent chance for Prince?

Nationals might look at him after missing out on the top pitchers. Just a thought.

With all the Money that Miami has spent and was still prepared to spend for Pujols I'd just assume they are the favorites for Fielder for now.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

scratch that last post of mine, because Ken Rosenthal posted that a high up Marlins official said that they will not go after Fielder.. see a few posts above mine.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Most of the teams talking to Boras about Fielder don't want to commit to the seven or eight-year contract Fielder desires, topping out at five years

Seems odd teams were willing to pay Albert big money through age 41, but no one wants to go past 32 for Fielder.

Maybe for LA as FL it was that "Fielder can't drive the Latin market"?

Archived