Brewer Fanatic

Appreciation Thread

YoGasKpose

I love this team, and I know this hurts, but I can't deal with it in any way but to try and be positive. So, I guess this the counterpoint to the catharsis thread.

I love that I had the opportunity to share this with y'all here at BF.net. Even when I wasn't posting, it was great to check in with folks that cared as much about this team as I do.

This was the best season of my life, and, even though it's over, I'm going to be thinking fondly about Nyjer's walk-off single for the rest of my existence. I just wanted to share that I never thought I'd be tuning into a Sunday night Packer game, and hearing Al Micheals reiterate that the Brewers won Game One of the NLCS. The second I heard it, I vowed to appreciate the ride for everything it was and is, and I'm glad I'm a Brewer fan.

Go Crew!

I want to thank you for starting THIS thread.

Even though things didn't finish quite as well as we would have liked, I am proud to be a member of this site and a fan of the Milwaukee Brewers organization.

I have good feeling for every player (yes, even Yuni) that will be remembered for the rest of my life. Others may not agree but this is MY opinion and it's not subject to debate with me.

I will miss those players that may leave the team. I will eagerly anticipate pitchers and catchers reporting in a few short months. And I will gladly accept any new players that join the team into our fraternity of Brewers.

Go You Milwaukee Brewers! Go now forth from the autumn into winter hibernation and, thus, return in the spring; refreshed, renewed, and ready for 2012.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Congratulations Brewers, it was a wonderful season! It stinks that it ended with a loss, but it was 96 wins, a division title, the All-Star Game MVP, most likely the NL MVP, and a playoff series win....it was a great time!

I was in the building when the guys won the division, and again for Game One against Arizona. I now have amazing memories of the division win, with my son, and of the playoff win, with my wife.

I don't feel the least bit bad about the 2011 Brewers! I've been a fan of this team since 1974, and this ranks as one of the two best seasons I've been given in 38 years...THANK YOU.

It was a great season filled with great moments. It didn't end how we'd hoped, but I'll forever remember Fielder's walk-off shot on May 20th (and Yuni's bomb which made it possible), Tony Tombstone and the cowboy photo, Kotsay's walk-off and tying hits vs. Cordero, the division clinching game, Morgan's walk-off hit in the NLDS, and so many more moments. Plushdamentals will still run wild, and talk of Marcomania will bring chuckles over beer in three years.

Before I know it, I'll be counting down to April 6, 2012. I already have the day off of work.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I know there are quite a few older folks on here, but personally this is by far the best Brewers season I have watched. I'm gonna skip the world series, take a week off from baseball, then hopefully Braun is named MVP and only happy memories of the season will remain.

It was a great season, I can't say anything bad about it or the Brewers. I'll loo back fondly on this postseason run, hopefully i won't remember it to much because next year they will win it all and I'll forget all about this. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If this was Prince's last game I'll miss watching him he was my favorite Brewer, partially because the first time I started diving deeply into the Brewers and there minor leagues was they Prince Fielder draft.

Hopefully Ryan Braun win's the MVP he truly was beastly. (Although I can't argue if Kemp wins)

The pitching got us here, they ran into a really good offense and got beat up a bit.

Nyjer Morgan brought some excitement and national publicity to the Brewers for well being crazy. In a good way, though.

Mark A. has brought the Brewers respect. That is something that 10 years ago seemed impossible. We can argue about how the Brewers allocate there money or if some of the moves are ideal but I can't argue with the fact that Mark A has turned a laughing stock into a team that is gaining national recognition and can no longer be thought of as a bottom dweller.

The Cardinals, well I still hate the Cardinals. Passionately. With fury. And Devotion. Grrrr.... I'm ready to kick Cardinals fans in the ankles.

NLDS Game 5 was the most exciting baseball game I've ever been to in my life.

Now it's up to the GM and the scouting department to start rebuilding.

No regrets from going all-in. This has been a great season to be a Brewers fan.

Thank you Doug Melvin

Thank you Ryan Braun

Thank you Prince Fielder

Thank you Milwaukee Brewers

Thank you Brewerfan.net members.

Greatest season of my life and I will always enjoy it no matter how hard we fell at the end. 96 wins, division title. Awesome year.

a season i will never forget. emotions, that's what you live for when you are a sport fan. emotions, that's what these brewers gave us all year.

thank you brewers, and thank to all the brewerfan.net members that helped me in the last 6 years to know more about this game and this franchise.

Mark Attanasio, Doug Melvin, Ron Roenicke, entire Brewers organization, and Brewers players:

You gave us a baseball game in Milwaukee on the 3rd Sunday in October, something that hadn't happened 1982.

You gave many Brewers' fans---those of us 35 and younger---the best season that they ever witnessed or remember.

You have turned the Milwaukee Brewers into a club that has to be reckoned with, not laughed off as a joke.

For all that, I can only say "Thank You".

But if you could see fit to do it again next season, we at Brewerfan.net wouldn't complain. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Terrific season Brew Crew. Thank You Mark and Doug for the best hot stove of all time...and way to keep at it during the season. After all those hopeless years, you not only gave us hope but a winner to boot.

Thanks to Brewers fans all over...if Milwaukee doesn't pack the house, this just doesn't happen. After attending a playoff game in AZ with 10k empty seats and seeing the place jammed and electric last night, I really can say Brewers fans are the BEST!

Thanks to a fun group of players...this team not only won, but they were a blast to watch. The MVP and the Franchise Ryan Braun...I love that when my kids go to college, he'll still be a Brewer. Thanks Prince...I wish you all the best, you gave it your all. All the other Brewers...you guys are a lot of fun, let's do it again next year!

Special appreciation to my interweb friends at Brewerfan...you guys are a home away from home for this homesick cheesehead...thanks.

Thank you for making the playoffs worth watching.

Thank you for the excitement you gave me in the NLDS. Game 5 of the NLDS may be something I never forget. It was really memorable.

Thank you for making me experience what the Yankee's and Cardinals typically enjoy every season - Playoff births.

Thank you for making Baseball relevant in Milwaukee again.

Thank you for giving something the fans to cheer about.

Thank you for giving Milwaukee some national spotlight.

Thank you Yunesky Betancourt for playing awesome in the NLCS. Had we won the series you would probobly deserve NLCS MVP.

Thank you Randy Wolf for winning our first post season road game since 1982.

Thank you K-Rod for making games 1 less inning.

Thank you John Axford for being unhittable.

Lastly...

Thank you Milwaukee Brewers for having me experience something I never got to do before, watching meaningful Baseball in October and practically knock on the door to the World Series. You have contributed to what could be the greatest year in Wisconsin sports history.

The Brewers mean the world to me and the division title achieved this year has been a great thing to experience. Being under 29 years of age, the steps the franchise has taken to become consistently competitive in recent years has filled my baseball loving heart with joy. Thank you to everyone involved and all of my fellow fans!

Archived