Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So close ...at least they have a division title out of all this.

The Brewers can rebuild and field a competitive team over the next few years as long as they don't try to replace Prince with one guy. Here's to hoping that Pujols leaves the division.

This would be easier if it wasn't the Cardinals. I don't know whether to be pissed, sad, or just indifferent. I just wish Marcum or somebody had the guts to say he wasn't right and hasn't been. Might not have changed the outcome but..

It's been a great season. I think the disappointment is knowing this was likely our best shot that will come along for a while. Please Prince don't become a Cub!

I think the key should have been to get Saito or K-Rod into one of the high leverage situations early on. Honestly, I wonder if the best way to go about this game would have been to just go 2 innings from K-Rod, Ax, and Saito, and then just play match-ups the rest of the game. I guess we'll never know.

Good season folks. Let the offseason discussion begin!

Yeah that "whoever to finish" is a big IF. If the Cards dump 4 runs on us in the 3rd or 9th, it's the same result. There just wasn't enough pitching no matter how you look at it.
Yep. I had a good number of names down but none strengthened my argument. Maybe Greinke getting his work in for the day.

I like how Axford gets sent out now that the game is over.

Could've used him with runners on 2nd and 3rd in the 3rd and kept 2 runs off the board...or in the 1st...but nope, gotta stick to that book.

I will never understand managers who play the game worrying about what they will do in the later innings when they've got bases loaded and the game probably in the balance already staring them right in the face.

Archived