Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The STL are so much like the 2010 Packers it isn't even funny.

Packers squeak into the playoffs, in part, because the NYG choke late in the season.

STL squeaks into the playoffs, in part, because ATL chokes late in the season

GB goes ont the road to PHI, Wins

STL goes on the road to PHI, Wins

GB plays division rival who won division; proceeds to beat them pretty handily

STL plays division rival who won division, proceeds to beat them pretty handily

The only thing that doesn't match is TEX; so I don't know how that will play out

Wisconsin sports fans have been spoiled recently; I guess we were due for a let down sooner or later

Whatever happens the next inning and a half, this has been one heck of a ride. Lots of good memories to take from this year. And Nyjer's walkoff single is a moment fans of lots teams would kill for.

Still, let's show at least a little fight here, huh?

I may or may not get emotional during Prince's last at bat here.
I won't at all. I've always been indifferent to him, I appreciate his offense but he's plays horrible defense and with Boras as his agent he was never going to stick around. I have a hard time getting attached to any particular players with FA.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Here's what I am holding solace in. Cards will get crushed in WS. Al will either get his money from the Cards or someone else. If he signs with the Cards, they won't have the money to field anything decent around him. Otherwise, if he leaves, they'll still stink because they're the Cards.

The Cards can go on and win the World Series, I really don't care. I won't watch a minute of it just like I haven't watched it the past 5 years. Packer season officially starts in five outs for me.
A week ago I thought it would've been soul crushing had the Cards knocked out the Brewers, but it hasn't been nearly that bad. Probably cause I know the Brewers just didn't play well enough.

He'll go wherever the most money is, I'm afraid, whether it's the Brewers or Cubs.

I don't get the feeling that Prince has strong enough personal feelings either way about being a Milwaukee Brewer one way or another. His friends on the team, yes, but the organization, no.

The Cards can go on and win the World Series, I really don't care. I won't watch a minute of it just like I haven't watched it the past 5 years. Packer season officially starts in five outs for me.

Well they're 6-0...they've been dominating for the whole season. Youll enjoy them a lot more than this team.

Yeah I thought I was going to be pissed off if we lost to the Cards; but when it is pretty evident that we just ran into a really hot team (While also playing pretty crappy ourselves) it does make it easier to stomach. They were outplayed; plain and simple

Archived