Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That play, right there, is why I really want someone other than Yuni. Why no dive? This is the NLCS.
I don't know if this is what he was thinking, but there was no way he'd have time to dive, get up, and throw the runner out, so staying on his feet was his best chance.
I suppose that's true. If you've had to take several strides to get there already, you probably don't have time to dive and complete the play.

I wish we could keep this bullpen together. You know the one with HAwk/Krod/Saito/Ax. That may hurt worse then losing Prince.
We should try to keep them all except KRod but only because I think he will get a lot of money. Of course the other 2 are at an age where they could decline rapidly.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I didn't like Marcum starting but I also didn't like the alternatives.

I thought if he has a quick, LaRussa type hook, that we could still overcome some sloppiness. I didn't expect four runs to come so quickly. I guess I was blinded by homerism.

I think that's been the big difference in the two teams' starting pitching this series. They've both been bad, but the carnage was very quick for the Brewers, which didn't allow RR to get the pitchers out of the game in time. The Cards' starters had their damage develop more slowly, so TLR could go to his pen before it got out of hand, except in Game 1.

Marcum is a very goodpitcher. He has just fallen apart the last month and a half. He pitched more innings this year than he ever has in his career, and that is before the postseason starts. The Suppan comments are completely unfair. I will be more than happy to see him with the Brewers next year when he is back to his 3.50 ERA ways.

Look at his career stats and don't forget he posted the vast majoirty of his career numbers in the AL East. Last time I checked they have some good teams in that division.

http://sports.yahoo.com/m...x35eoMn.eEckf0o_XP.FCLcF

Archived