Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm kind of resigned to losing this one, but I'm going to try like heck to just enjoy these last three innings. I'm still holding out the tiniest sliver of hope for a giant seventh. Like a 12 batter, snowman type inning, the kind that makes us all sing the praises of Abner Doubleday for not giving this sport a clock.

I bet Toronto fans are laughing at Marcum's playoff performance. Face NYY, BOS, TB (good teams) and now STL and the real Shaun Marcum gets exposed.
Seriously, stop. Look at his numbers during the season. He's an above-average pitcher. Criticize him for sucking lately, but don't act as though he's always been bad.

I bet Toronto fans are laughing at Marcum's playoff performance. Face NYY, BOS, TB (good teams) and now STL and the real Shaun Marcum gets exposed.
Seriously, stop. Look at his numbers during the season. He's an above-average pitcher. Criticize him for sucking lately, but don't act as though he's always been bad.
We don't get here without him, but it was pretty obvious he had lost it for whatever reason.

I'm kind of resigned to losing this one, but I'm going to try like heck to just enjoy these last three innings. I'm still holding out the tiniest sliver of hope for a giant seventh. Like a 12 batter, snowman type inning, the kind that makes us all sing the praises of Abner Doubleday for not giving this sport a clock.

You are one sadistic fella.

He could be this bad going forward........it'll be interesting to see how he bounces back next year. I think the books out on him personally. Don't swing at junk pitches and hit his strikes 450 ft.

I'm with you. I refuse to believe that Braun and Fielder will go down these last 3 games at a meek 4 for 22 with only 2 RBI.

When you can pick apart with statistics an accurate rebuttal to my post, I'll be very intrigued because if you check out his career #s vs the above teams, you'll find my post a little more undebatable.

I'm with you. I refuse to believe that Braun and Fielder will go down these last 3 games at a meek 4 for 22 with only 2 RBI.

I'm with you as well. I will refuse to believe this ride is over until the last pitch.

aaand there's the Yuni we know.

I agreed with starting Marcum. We probably should have gone to a one inning reliever instead of Narveson but I still don't have a huge problem with that move. No idea why Saito was held back though. I would have brought him in earlier and made him pitch till his arm fell off.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

That play, right there, is why I really want someone other than Yuni. Why no dive? This is the NLCS.
I don't know if this is what he was thinking, but there was no way he'd have time to dive, get up, and throw the runner out, so staying on his feet was his best chance.

Archived