Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
Does anyone have the feeling that Melvin is going over compensate and bring in defensive first players with no bats? Similar to when they bring in a manager that is opposite of the one they just fired/

No, Melvin has always been a SLG first GM. I still holding out hope he's not retained and the organization goes a different direction. If he stays it will be more of the same... FA pitching, trading for established MLB talent, etc... he's done the same everywhere he's been.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Using Loe ahead of Saito, K-Rod and Axford is indefensible.

So you use them ahead of Loe; you are still going to have to find someone to pitch the 7th inning on assuming the game is even relevant at that point. Loe was a fine pick, he had a bunch of righties coming up.

I am just numb to everything right now; like it really matters who RR puts out there. The last two games have been embarrasing.

I finally turned it off. I can't take it anymore. It was a good year. But RR treating the past two games like they're playing the Pirates in late May didn't turn out well.

If it was late May RR would've waited until the 8th inning to use Loe.

blow this team up Melvin. Marlins fire sale this off season only way for the Brewers to become competitive again.
I agree to an extent even though you are being sarcastic. I only have one request.......make sure Melvin is involved in the blowing up.

At some point you've got to decide to use your best pitchers for 2 innings each and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

hard to do that when there's five innings left and you still have to worry about the pitcher's spot coming up in the lineup.

We can proudly wear those NL Central Champion T-shirts all we want this offseason, but this game should leave a pretty sour taste in the mouth of this entire organization all off-season.

Both because Game 6 was so brutal and because it came against the St. Louis Cardinals.

blow this team up Melvin. Marlins fire sale this off season only way for the Brewers to become competitive again.
I agree to an extent even though you are being sarcastic. I only have one request.......make sure Melvin is involved in the blowing up.
http://i.imgur.com/Hl0bU.gif

At some point you've got to decide to use your best pitchers for 2 innings each and worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

I don't think worrying about tomorrow has been our problem at any point in this game. We just don't have a pitcher who can get any of these guys out.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Archived