Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bottom line is the Cards have killed every bad pitch. Hart, Braun and Fielder have had the same opportunities at bad pitches and haven't come through in big spots like the Cards have.
This is probably the closest statement to reality.... Hart for love of all things good make a freaking simple play...

At rate, I haven't seen much bad luck in this series, more missed opportunities. Every pitcher is going to make mistakes, do you take advantage or don't you? Do you make the defensive plays or don't you? It's not bad luck, it's poor play at inopportune times.

And another 2 errors... allowing the batter to first and the other runner to 3rd. I said they couldn't possibly play worse defensively, I was wrong.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Using Loe ahead of Saito, K-Rod and Axford is indefensible.

I agree. It was very important to keep the game where it was and slow it down. We went with Loe

Did you you see that Hart? Do you see how you get momentum behind your throw?

Using Loe ahead of Saito, K-Rod and Axford is indefensible.
Yeah. I'm going to be really annoyed when Roenicke wins manager of the year. Poor fundamental baseball, painful tactics, etc.

Can we give Braun an error there, just for fun?

Archived