Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
Axford pitched two innings in game 5 of the NLDS so I don't see a reason why you would make that statement about Axford not being used for more than one inning.
Yes that included an extra inning performance, what I would like to see is Marcum go 5, KRod pitch the 6th and Axford pitch 7-8-9. But I cannot see any scenario that RRR would bring in Axford before the 9th inning, which is frustrating because he is the best pitcher on the team.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before a WS game in 82 against the Cards, I whacked my head falling into a bathtub. I went to the game with my dad with a lump on my head. I am headed out in a few with my dad again. I just went down to my shop and whacked myself with a rubber mallet for luck. Go Brewers.

It was a gentle whack, I assure you. No knot, just for luck.

Albert can be a showboat. I don't like anybody who stands and watches homers. Yadi and Carp have short fuses, and played highly amped. They can, at times, push the limits of self-control.
I really don't have much of a problem with all that. What I don't like is them acting like that then calling out other players for that same behavior.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

In an effort to get myself ready, I watched a live version of written in the stars....that didn't quite go where I thought it would from the chorus. Oh well.

Went to YouTube and there were some Godawful, horrific trainwrecks of attempting to rap. Are there any Brewer fans that write decent songs? Or any suggestions?

craigharmann wrote:?
In an effort to get myself ready, I watched a live version of written in the stars....that didn't quite go where I thought it would from the chorus. Oh well.

Went to YouTube and there were some Godawful, horrific trainwrecks of attempting to rap. Are there any Brewer fans that write decent songs? Or any suggestions?

Not sure if you're opposed to rap in general but this song always does the trick to get pumped up. Lyrics relate to what the Brewers going through too:

craigharmann wrote:

Not sure if you're opposed to rap in general but this song always does the trick to get pumped up. Lyrics relate to what the Brewers going through too:

Thanks. Not opposed to rap, but opposed to horrible rap about the Brewers. I was looking for Brewer-specific songs. But that's alright.

I can't believe Marcum is starting this game. I love the guy but something just isn't right there. I sure hope they have someone warming up as soon as he puts on a couple of baserunners in the first inning.

I would have Narveson warming up right beside Marcum in the bullpen before the game even starts.

Omen alert!!

While painting the shed this afternoon, a squirrel sauntered under my ladder. I did the most un-classy thing I could think of at the moment (in public, mind you): I spit on it!

Jamie, that was also for you http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Go get 'em Marcum!

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

please don't chase jackson's slider. it's far and away his best pitch, so don't do him the favor of chasing it. If he can't throw it for strikes, then sit back and tee off on the fast ball. obviously easier said than done...but be smart up there boys.

One thing that I hopes happened is that Marcum gave Kranitz an honest assessment of how he was feeling and how he thought his control was while warming up. The Brewers could use that information to plan accordingly.

I do understand warming in the pen is vastly different than actually pitching but I think a pitcher knows if his stuff is working prior to taking the mound even if the results don't always agree.

Archived