Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this Cardinal team remind anyone of the 2010 Packers? Win the wild card by playing well at the end and getting some luck from other teams playing poorly, lose close games in the regular season at the end of games, win on the road in big games in the playoffs...

Just an interesting comparison.

Community Moderator
Does this Cardinal team remind anyone of the 2010 Packers? Win the wild card by playing well at the end and getting some luck from other teams playing poorly, lose close games in the regular season at the end of games, win on the road in big games in the playoffs...

Just an interesting comparison.

2007 Rockies. It all came together at the right time, along with some help.

IF, IF, they should lose, I want to see the fans give the Brewers a standing ovation for an amazing year

losing a game doesn't constitute a standing ovation. That is the loser mentality that has plagued this franchise for it's entirety and it needs to be washed away. Fire Melvin.....he's an idiot that doesn't have a clue on how to assemble a championship ball club.

Is this suppose to be in Blue? You don't get fired for putting together a team that got within 2 game of the World Series. A couple good pitching performances in the NLCS and people would have been begging for an extension. Melvin did a great job of putting together a championship caliber team

Not meant to be in blue at all. That horrendous defense that has been thrown out there can't be expected to win a World Series and that's the ultimate goal.

Pitching was improved.....but not when it counted obviously.

I don't trust that man one bit to keep this team competitive long term either. He'll probably sign fat prince to a 10 year 250 million ext.

Blah blah we didn't get any breaks ha . The Cards who were the best team in Sept thru October has shown how to play the Game getting Clutch hits and getting good defense. Marcum should have went on the Road where his # were better all on RR there. But the Brewers core Players Weeks and Hart failed when needed to come through. Marcum has been a complete disaster down the stretch and hopefully the Brewers will use him to get a SS. This was are all in now you see the rebuilding of the Brewers in the Off season. I really think it might be a very long time before we see the Brewers back in the playoffs. This offseason will be will be defining moment in the Brewers future. I am also happy for all the fans who gave up on the Brewers this series you will get what you all wanted. i will not watch at all the Cards celebrating on Miller Park. Well i Guess we now can Start the where will Prince end up Forum.

Archived