Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Is anyone going to turn it off before the last out is made to avoid watching the Cards on the field celebrating, if they hold on and win?
I will turn it of the milisecond after that last out is made.
This is what I will do, unless we get a few more runs down yet, and then I may call it a night. I do start work at 5 am. Right now, I'm holding out about 9% hope (per ESPN game tracker) that we can come back.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yo isn't an ace, he's a solid #2, and for some reason it drives me nuts when people refer to him as such.

He might not be an ace but he is a #1, just depends on how you decide to defince ace. There aren't 30 starters better than him in baseball.

Yo isn't an ace, he's a solid #2, and for some reason it drives me nuts when people refer to him as such.

He might not be an ace but he is a #1, just depends on how you decide to defince ace. There aren't 30 starters better than him in baseball.

Agreed completely.

There is another inside pitch not called a strike.

Is anyone going to turn it off before the last out is made to avoid watching the Cards on the field celebrating, if they hold on and win?

IF, IF, they should lose, I want to see the fans give the Brewers a standing ovation for an amazing year

I hope nobody leaves and there is a standing ovation. That would speak wonders for this city and fans.

If we don't come back I guess I would rather lose this way than on a heartbreaker in the 9th.

The Cardinals offense and bullpen have been unstoppable this series. At some point we just have to tip the cap and admit we got beat by a better team that was playing really well at the right time while we played poorly at the wrong time

why fight? the cards kicked our butts and made us look like amateurs.
Come on the series has gone 6 games.

Losing in 6 games is like losing two 3-game series. I think that qualifies as getting your butt kicked.

So the only way to not get your butt-kicked is to lost in 7 or win. That makes sense.

Love this board but the constant bashing of the team, manager, etc is too much tonight. Enjoy the rest of the game guys. Hope to see you next game

why fight? the cards kicked our butts and made us look like amateurs.
Come on the series has gone 6 games.

Losing in 6 games is like losing two 3-game series. I think that qualifies as getting your butt kicked.

You are entitled to your opinion that that pretty silly to me.

While I'm very unhappy how this season looks like it's going to end, I see no reason to try and artificially diminish what the Brewers did this season. Losing in 6 in the NCLS sucks but there is no need for the Brewer players are their fans to hang their heads low.

Now let's see if the Brewers can do the unlikely and crawl back into this!

That AB by Jay sums it up for me, that strike zone is absolutely tiny. The Cardinals are taking much better advantage of it than the Brewers but this really is a strike zone that does nothing but promote hitting.

Agreed completely.

There is another inside pitch not called a strike.

Agree here to. He is a top 20 starter for sure. Though not an ace on the level of Halladay, Kershaw, Lincecum, and others, he is the Brewers ace, and carried them to a first round playoff series win. Plus, he is only 25. He will only get better.

IF, IF, they should lose, I want to see the fans give the Brewers a standing ovation for an amazing year

losing a game doesn't constitute a standing ovation. That is the loser mentality that has plagued this franchise for it's entirety and it needs to be washed away. Fire Melvin.....he's an idiot that doesn't have a clue on how to assemble a championship ball club.

I don't know if anyone has one of those Win Expectancy charts, but even if a comeback is a statistical rarity, I'd love to see this team really fight and scrap for every out. Even if it ends up being more heartbreaking for us fans, I think Ryan, Prince, Rickie, and co. really need to work the count and focus on baserunners, baserunners, baserunners.

Ten runs isn't out of this team's talent range, so let's at least push these guys in the next 5.5 innings.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't know if anyone has one of those Win Expectancy charts, but even if a comeback is a statistical rarity, I'd love to see this team really fight and scrap for every out. Even if it ends up being more heartbreaking for us fans, I think Ryan, Prince, Rickie, and co. really need to work the count and focus on baserunners, baserunners, baserunners.

Ten runs isn't out of this team's talent range, so let's at least push these guys in the next 5.5 innings.

I don't have one of the fancy charts, but ESPN's game tracker has the Cardinals at 89% win expectancy right now.

losing a game doesn't constitute a standing ovation. That is the loser mentality that has plagued this franchise for it's entirety and it needs to be washed away. Fire Melvin.....he's an idiot that doesn't have a clue on how to assemble a championship ball club.

Is this suppose to be in Blue? You don't get fired for putting together a team that got within 2 game of the World Series. A couple good pitching performances in the NLCS and people would have been begging for an extension. Melvin did a great job of putting together a championship caliber team

Agree here to. He is a top 20 starter for sure. Though not an ace on the level of Halladay, Kershaw, Lincecum, and others, he is the Brewers ace, and carried them to a first round playoff series win. Plus, he is only 25. He will only get better.

When people say talk about Yovani being an ace I always assume they mean that he is the Brewers ace. In my mind, every team has a best pitcher and that is usually their ace.

Archived