Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What exactly was Yuni doing on the groundball? It looked like it should have definitely been within range to at least go after it, but he came forward like he was going to cover 2nd base.

???

even if he couldn't get to it, at least show you're trying to. Lazy, he is frickin lazy. I would bench his ass right now for the lack of effort

Right after it happened, I re-watched it a couple of times and I think he could have gotten to it. It was a lot closer to Betancourt than Weeks. Yuni made no effort on it though which is inexplicable to me.

Yeah nothing RR can do. Nobody can get them out. That was a cheap hit, but whatever.
bullcrap. there was something he could have done. pull narveson before he gives up 5 runs.
Everyone is giving up runs. So should we pull each pitcher after a couple runners get one, because if that is the case we wont have anyone in the 7th. No one is pitching well and it is not RR's fault. Everyone who was so smart a few innings ago because the KNEW Marcum would stink wanted Narveson and he was brutal as well. Who should have RR started? Estrada? Axeford?

There is no way to place blame on any individual. The Cardinals are destroying us in every facet of the game.....managing, hitting, pitching, fielding, bunting, throwing, decision making, etc. Everyone in the Brewers organization is being outplayed. This really hurts.

You can't come inside when the ump calls it a ball even if it hits the plate. The inside strike zone has been silly all series long and the Cardinals have compensated by sitting right on the plate. The Cardinals are also just hot offensively, even if they literally had someone out there trying to throw meatballs for batting practice they probably couldn't hit any better than they are this series. They just aren't missing anything.

The pitching certainly shoulders a big part of the blame but there is plenty of it to go all around including the umps, the defense and kudos to the Cardinals offense.

You can come inside to brush the hitters off the plater as well. Just like they did to Braun.

Seriously, anyone who says the game is over before we have recorded 27 outs should be banned.
It's over. Deal with it.
Cmon, they got 4 in 2 innings. Its not over.
He has posted this every time the Brewers have fallen behind. He may end up being right, but it is sickening

Community Moderator
Is anyone going to turn it off before the last out is made to avoid watching the Cards on the field celebrating, if they hold on and win?

First, it isn't over. But if it comes to that, I need to see it for the closure.

I just don't understand how our pitching can be so good for so long and then just fail miserably in the playoffs. We should be amazed we made it to Game 6 of the NLCS; we have had exactly two good starts in the entire postseason
Well we did play in the worst division in baseball, after the sell-offs and 2nd half collapses the Brewers didn't face much stiff competition until mid to late Sept. Yo isn't an ace, he's a solid #2, and for some reason it drives me nuts when people refer to him as such. He simply doesn't pitch deep enough into games on a consistent basis, he averages 6 1/3 per game. He did a great job reducing his walks, he added 1/3 of inning per game over last years pace, he's definitely still improving, but he's still clearly not an ace.

I'm watching way more of this game than I intended to.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

That shot by Fielder sums up this series by the Brewers. While they have played awful, hardly any breaks have gone their way. I am sorry but when you have two pretty evenly matched teams, those breaks can ultimately determine who wins.

And no I won't turn this game off. As hard as it has been to watch and as painful as it may be if they lose, I am proud of what this team has accomplished IF this is it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Is anyone going to turn it off before the last out is made to avoid watching the Cards on the field celebrating, if they hold on and win?
I will turn it of the milisecond after that last out is made.
This is what I will do, unless we get a few more runs down yet, and then I may call it a night. I do start work at 5 am. Right now, I'm holding out about 9% hope (per ESPN game tracker) that we can come back.

Archived