Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After the pujols hr, Narveson should have been pulled after the next baserunner this inning. Instead he was left in to give up another run, and there are 2 runners in scoring position. RR is clearly a terrible manager. unbelievable. edit: now the 2 runs score. wonderful

Hawkins got exactly what he needed to get.

That one was a little dribbler that happened to sneak through - the Cards seem invincible, but that was the only place on the diamond that could've happened.

We're just getting scorned with bad luck here.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Anyone here think the Brewers deserve to play in the World Series?

I keep seeing people saying stuff like this. "They don't deserve it". "They don't deserve to be here". "If they can't win these 2 games, they don't deserve it".

If you can win 3 of the first 5 games, you deserve to move on. If you can win 4 of the next 7, you deserve to move on. If you can win 4 of the last 7, you deserve to be called world champs.

I mean, what does that even mean? "They don't 'deserve' it" I mean, honestly?

This is the day that this series but turned around on. You can say that the Brewers pitchers don't have the velocity to come inside but they were prior to this day and they were doing well. LaRussa won, the Brewers for whatever reason decided to play into his headgames and not throw inside.

I hope they can come back but I am not sure that the Brewers pitchers would do anything about it anyway.

What exactly was Yuni doing on the groundball? It looked like it should have definitely been within range to at least go after it, but he came forward like he was going to cover 2nd base.

???

even if he couldn't get to it, at least show you're trying to. Lazy, he is frickin lazy. I would bench his ass right now for the lack of effort

If anything, I think that half-inning should tell you that there is no point walking anyone intentionally in this game with the exception of Albert. Walking Yadi changed that inning a lot. And then trying to make the great play at the plate, rather than making the smart play in a game such as this where every single run matters, cost them.

I just don't understand how our pitching can be so good for so long and then just fail miserably in the playoffs. We should be amazed we made it to Game 6 of the NLCS; we have had exactly two good starts in the entire postseason
Almost no injuries to the starters helps a lot.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

You can't come inside when the ump calls it a ball even if it hits the plate. The inside strike zone has been silly all series long and the Cardinals have compensated by sitting right on the plate. The Cardinals are also just hot offensively, even if they literally had someone out there trying to throw meatballs for batting practice they probably couldn't hit any better than they are this series. They just aren't missing anything.

The pitching certainly shoulders a big part of the blame but there is plenty of it to go all around including the umps, the defense and kudos to the Cardinals offense.

Anyone here think the Brewers deserve to play in the World Series?

I keep seeing people saying stuff like this. "They don't deserve it". "They don't deserve to be here". "If they can't win these 2 games, they don't deserve it".

If you can win 3 of the first 5 games, you deserve to move on. If you can win 4 of the next 7, you deserve to move on. If you can win 4 of the last 7, you deserve to be called world champs.

I mean, what does that even mean? "They don't 'deserve' it" I mean, honestly?

Thank you. I was going to post something like this. I wish people would stop with the cliches that don't mean anything.

Archived