Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
www.birdsonthebat.org

you'll find more in common with us than you do the homers at Cards Talk. there are some real baseball guys there. guys who actually watch the game and know something about it. we're reading you. you might as well read us.

that being said, most of us still want to beat your brains in. the right to paint a flag on our outfield wall depends on it.

two-hole

My summary of a Cards forum:

Prince is fat

Braun is a tool

Nyjer is the antichrist

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

www.birdsonthebat.org

you'll find more in common with us than you do the homers at Cards Talk. there are some real baseball guys there. guys who actually watch the game and know something about it. we're reading you. you might as well read us.

that being said, most of us still want to beat your brains in. the right to paint a flag on our outfield wall depends on it.

two-hole

My summary of a Cards forum:

Prince is fat

Braun is a tool

Nyjer is the antichrist

You forgot 2:

TLR is a baseball savant

Albert Pujols walks on water.

Prince is fat

Braun is a tool

Nyjer is the antichrist

check. check. check. all good to great ballplayers. nyjer isn't the anitchrist, but he is an immature loudmouth punk. i don't think an honest brewers fan could deny any of those things either. Prince is most certainly a giant fatass. He's a great hitter. But he is large. Braun, too, is a terrific hitter. But he's a showboat. Of course, that's a lot easier to forgive when the guy is wearing the laundry you root for. the cardinals certainly employ some characters on this team. carpenter wears a lot of other teams' fans thin.

but Albert does not walk on water. in fact, most of us are critical of his hustle on routine plays and his leadership. but, being the greatest hitter of the last 50 years earns some respect, no matter who's laundry you root for.

and most of us at birdsonthebat despise the very air tony breathes and are desperately looking forward to the day he no longer perverts, discredits, and destroys the ballclub we love. want him? please take him.

We have this one. We'll rough up Jackson in the 1st inning, TLR will pull him and proceed to use the entire pen, we'll score off the pen and they'll be a waste for Game 7. Then we'll hang in there against Carpenter and rough up their run down pen to win the series.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Prince is fat

Braun is a tool

Nyjer is the antichrist

check. check. check. all good to great ballplayers. nyjer isn't the anitchrist, but he is an immature loudmouth punk. i don't think an honest brewers fan could deny any of those things either. Prince is most certainly a giant fatass. He's a great hitter. But he is large. Braun, too, is a terrific hitter. But he's a showboat. Of course, that's a lot easier to forgive when the guy is wearing the laundry you root for. the cardinals certainly employ some characters on this team. carpenter wears a lot of other teams' fans thin.

but Albert does not walk on water. in fact, most of us are critical of his hustle on routine plays and his leadership. but, being the greatest hitter of the last 50 years earns some respect, no matter who's laundry you root for.

and most of us at birdsonthebat despise the very air tony breathes and are desperately looking forward to the day he no longer perverts, discredits, and destroys the ballclub we love. want him? please take him.

What do Cards fans think of Carpenter, Pujols and Molina? I consider them to be pretty hypocritical much like LaRussa. They all call out players for things they do themselves.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Prince is fat

Braun is a tool

Nyjer is the antichrist

Greatest hitter of last 50 years? Did you forget about this guy?

Even with PED's his numbers are still mind-boggling, especially from 2001-2004.

We could have started Yo-Wolf on regular rest, something La Russa would have strongly considered but RRR did not think twice about going with "his guy" Marcum. I am not certain that Marcum will get hit around but I would feel better about going with Yo and Wolf. If we end our season with our best going pitcher available on full rest that is pretty unforgivable on RRR.

I feel very similar to 2008 when everyone knew Suppan should not start but since he "earned" that spot by being a veteran he got the start and our season was over.

Well, Shaun, this is why we traded one of our top prospects for you. I'm sure you know that, but it bears repeating.

Dear offense, please show up. None of this first pitch swinging, pop out enducing, general flailing that has frustrated the fanbase so at times this year.

Dear defense, please show up. None of this booting balls business and failed attempts to catch balls in the outfield (I'm looking at you, Corey).

Show us why you're the best home team in MLB by far this year. This is what you fought for, now defend it.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Albert can be a showboat. I don't like anybody who stands and watches homers. Yadi and Carp have short fuses, and played highly amped. They can, at times, push the limits of self-control.

What I hate most about the Cardinals is their complaining... about shadows, about lights around the stadium, about the music, about the dome open or shut, about the official scoring.... but 95% of that is driven by Tony, who...again....needs to get the [expletive deleted] out.

Barry Bonds used to be a baseball player. An all-around excellent one (though no where near the hitter Albert is). But then he just became a science experiment.

The 17th is normal rest for Gallardo so I have no problem with the manager holding him back for game 7. We need to win both games anyway and Gallardo will probably be better on normal rest.

I blame Wang.

The 18th would be normal rest for Wolf. Marcum may or may not pitch well but I will not fault the manager for starting him today. On the other hand, he needs to pull Marcum and not worry about trying to save the pen if things are not going well.

I blame Wang.

Yes for some reason I was thinking they went on Tues-Wed in stead of Weds-Thurs. Either way Marcum should be pulled even in the first inning if he gets hit up. Also using Axford or KRod for multiple inning should be considered but wont be
Axford for multiple innings yes but no way would I use KRod for more than one inning. You are just asking for punishment if you have KRod pitch more than one inning. Axford pitched two innings in game 5 of the NLDS so I don't see a reason why you would make that statement about Axford not being used for more than one inning.

but 95% of that is driven by Tony, who...again....needs to get the &^% out.

Please check out Brewerfan's language etiquette. If you're going to cuss, make sure you use the preview function. If a word is filtered, please edit your message to say something else.

Thanks!

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Today is taking too long. Would have rather they just played at 3.

Still got a good feeling; but getting more anxious by the second. I really believe that if we win today we will win tomorrow; but today is going to be difficult. The good Marcum has to show up

The way Marcum has pitched of late has me very nervous about this game. I'm going to work on football and check in every once in a while to see how the game is going, yes I'll be ducking the game somewhat, but for some reason I don't even want to watch. I dreaded coming back to Milwaukee down 3-2 with Marcum on the mound and my opinion hasn't changed. The good news is that the Brewers can't possibly play as bad as they did on Friday night, the game wasn't even worth watching in the 30 minutes it takes to watch on the DVR Saturday (I'm kind of busy on Friday nights).

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived