Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
I feel really bad for Marcum. He's had an awful postseason and he's going to have to live with that cloud over his head from now on. It's going to be hard for him to recover from this.

The defense has really hurt all series. Jay should have been out by 2nd with even a mediocre throw/catch, Pujols was safe at home and we caught a break. We can't keep giving up small edges this game on defense, they have to make plays.

You know what definitely won't help them come back? People booing.

I'd be pissed if I waited all day for this huge game, and paid out the ... to get tickets and then had to watch that first. I would be booing like a mad man. Never mind we don't need to hurt their feelings.

Did RR seriously expect Marcum to suddenly turn things around?

Now, we will go down without giving our best pitcher a chance to extend the series on 3-days rest. This is the playoffs, not the regular season. Someone should let RR know.

No....but Ennder did
No, I said I'd rather trust in Marcum pitching well than use a guy who hasn't started in weeks and doesn't have stuff as good as Marcum's. There is nothing wrong with starting Marcum tonight, the team just has to execute. The Cardinals have hammered every ball in the strike zone by all of our starters except Wolf all series, this isn't just a Marcum thing.
So starting a pitcher who has given up about 30 runs in his last 30 IP in an elimination game didn't concern you? A pitcher who even the casual sports talk radio listener knows has abandoned his changeup and has been rocked for the past month? I understand statistics but sometimes you can't lose sight of the forest for the trees.

Sorry, I just don't see how people can think starting Marcum was the right move. It just boggles my mind. They were fearful that Narveson wouldn't be able to go very long since he hadn't started a game in quite some time. Well, now he is on the mound in the 2nd inning and the Brewers are in a 3-run hole.

It should have been anybody but Marcum. Anybody.

What the heck Furcal... the guy only hits homers against the Brewers. Friggen conspiracy.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

In the last in game thread when Marcum started there was some poster who was absolutely convinced that Marcum was doing just fine and it was all just bad luck, etc. He was adamant that anyone who said marcum was toast just didn't know what they were talking about. I cannot wait for that guy to show up in here tonight. If he does, I hope he has removed his head from...uh, the sand.

Seriously, why are posters calling out other posters for their optimism on a certain, pitcher, game, hitter, etc. This happened the last game and is happening again. Do you feel better for calling someone out for being wrong about their prediction of a Brewer doing well? I just don't get it.

Maybe because the optimists called out those that didn't want to pitch Marcum tonight.

Archived