Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-16 Cardinals (Jackson) at Brewers (Marcum) [Brewers lose, 12-6; lose NLCS 4 games to 2]

hawing
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the last in game thread when Marcum started there was some poster who was absolutely convinced that Marcum was doing just fine and it was all just bad luck, etc. He was adamant that anyone who said marcum was toast just didn't know what they were talking about. I cannot wait for that guy to show up in here tonight. If he does, I hope he has removed his head from...uh, the sand.

That would be Ennder "Mr. Return to the Norms".

Did RR seriously expect Marcum to suddenly turn things around?

Now, we will go down without giving our best pitcher a chance to extend the series on 3-days rest. This is the playoffs, not the regular season. Someone should let RR know.

No....but Ennder did
No, I said I'd rather trust in Marcum pitching well than use a guy who hasn't started in weeks and doesn't have stuff as good as Marcum's. There is nothing wrong with starting Marcum tonight, the team just has to execute. The Cardinals have hammered every ball in the strike zone by all of our starters except Wolf all series and have scored first in every game, this isn't just a Marcum thing. I'll tell you what though, if Narveson had pitched and gave up 4 ER I can be sure of one thing, I wouldn't be calling people out about it. That just is uncalled for in general, any single starter on our team could do this, most of them have already this series.

In the last in game thread when Marcum started there was some poster who was absolutely convinced that Marcum was doing just fine and it was all just bad luck, etc. He was adamant that anyone who said marcum was toast just didn't know what they were talking about. I cannot wait for that guy to show up in here tonight. If he does, I hope he has removed his head from...uh, the sand.

Seriously, why are posters calling out other posters for their optimism on a certain, pitcher, game, hitter, etc. This happened the last game and is happening again. Do you feel better for calling someone out for being wrong about their prediction of a Brewer doing well? I just don't get it.

Time for this stupid homer crowd to get back into the game. Maybe they'll stop booing.

I'd still be booing if I were there.....I'm booing from my couch still.

That should help the team come back.
You know what would really help the team come back? A manager with a brain, a team that can play defense, batters that can work a count and a pitcher without a noodle arm.

Time for this stupid homer crowd to get back into the game. Maybe they'll stop booing.

Homer crowd? A "homer" crowd would not boo...they'd be sticking up for their team relentlessly like you are here.

I am not a guys who boos but it's not like it hurts the team either.

Archived