Brewer Fanatic

Top Ten NLCS Quotes from Russian Play-by-Play Announcers (via Brew Crew Ball)

hawing

A Brew Crew Ball poster who lives in Armenia has been watching the NLCS on ESPN America with Russian announcers. Click here to see his favorites of their comments.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm kind of tense about Sunday's game, so I appreciated the good laugh this brought.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Though only loosely related, this is a good place to mention that NHK Sports did a segment on Beast Mode on Friday. It was pretty unexpected since they don't do a whole lot of MLB coverage outside of the performances of Japanese players. After the videos and interviews, all 3 hosts did Beast Mode toward the camera, which was pretty entertaining.

Back on topic, I love the KC fans' nickname of "Plus Hands" for Betancourt.

Mr. Goldenhands indeed. Though it may be really wrong of me, but I then think of Moises Alou and his, er, unusual training regimen.
Completely the first thing I thought of, too.

Unlike WGN, at least these announcers are from a different hemisphere.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I laughed so hard at Mr. Golden Hands I cried. That's awesome. The "Hello, I'm a bear." thing is pretty funny, too.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Though only loosely related, this is a good place to mention that NHK Sports did a segment on Beast Mode on Friday. It was pretty unexpected since they don't do a whole lot of MLB coverage outside of the performances of Japanese players. After the videos and interviews, all 3 hosts did Beast Mode toward the camera, which was pretty entertaining.

Back on topic, I love the KC fans' nickname of "Plus Hands" for Betancourt.

Plus hands.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

So tonight LaRussa brings in Lynn for the sole purpose of issuing an intentional walk. Apparently the Russians are a step ahead of the greatest mind in baseball. Also didn't Zack fall asleep and let Berkman steal a base on him? They were all over that one too. When Yuni is MVP next year who'll be laughing then?

Archived