Brewer Fanatic

Stay Safe out there -- Tornado Warnings

adamb100

I live between App|eton and Manitowoc and we got absolutely nothing. Talk about crying wolf. When I was a kid, I was totally freaked out by Tornado Watches and the like, so I pay pretty close attention to this sort of stuff. I've never seen potential severe weather "hyped" the way this was...and absolutely nothing happened here. That really doesn't bode well for the next time we have potential severe weather. It just means more people are going to ignore the watches the next time.

Meteorology....what a way to make a living. I demand that all meterorologist spend half the day tomorrow apologizing to us.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a drop of rain north of Madison either. A couple of small tree branches here and there that got DFA'd, but nothing noticiable.

I really think that there is a new mentality to the storms as far as the "weather centers" are concerned. You have more break-ins to shows than when there is a war somewhere or elections.

I must admit I like the big storms and enjoy tracking them.

For those of you in the weather radio market, I see Woot has a deal tonight (but I have no clue how good this radio is...) for under $20 including shipping.

http://www.woot.com/Images/Sale/WeatherX_Dynamo_Flashlight-2fRadio_w-2f_NOAA_Weather_BandW7Z-standard.jpg

http://www.woot.com/Default.aspx

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived