Brewer Fanatic

Surprise guest to throw out Sunday's ceremonial first pitchâ?¦ Guesses please

miggs721
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm stumped, actually. As RockCoCougars said, the "surprise" nature suggests someone outside the box. Almost all of our suggestions are "inside the box," and really wouldn't live up to the element of surprise.

President Obama would certainly be a great surprise, but it'd next to impossible for the President of the United States to appear without everyone knowing about it.

Using a "surprise" to memorialize Gary Vanden Berg would be in poor taste. There's also be the factor that he wouldn't have been a household name to a good chunk of the fan base,; taste aside, that would make the surprise a letdown.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Elton John
That's a good one. To this day, I'm glad that I didn't waste my time going to that.... the worst publicity flop since New Coke.

I would think that it has to be someone big and/or unexpected. Hank Aaron is definitely huge, but he's probably thrown dozens of first pitches in Milwaukee over the years. That said, I wouldn't be disappointed to see the Hammer. The only other ex player that I could see as worthy of the hype would be Molitor, as I'm assuming that he hasn't been back since the '82 twenty-fifth a few years back. The Ignitor always gets a huge pop from the crowd.

I am a cynic however... and the conspiracy nut in me is saying they are hyping this up to get folks in the ballpark early and buying more beer.

Trevor Hoffman coming in to Hells Bells. How cool would that be?

That'd be awesome. I really think that they'll go away from 1982 as this team seems annoyed with all the references. Maybe 50 Cent?

Formerly Andersoc420

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Trevor Hoffman coming in to Hells Bells. How cool would that be?

That'd be awesome. I really think that they'll go away from 1982 as this team seems annoyed with all the references. Maybe 50 Cent?

Yeah, I remember a quote from Braun, not word for word, but something along the lines of "maybe now we can stop talking about 1982 around here" after they won the divisional series.

I have LONG wondered why we spend so much time celebrating losing a world series. That was a great time, and I'll remember it fondly, but it's WAY past due of 'letting it go' as far as it being a central celebration point of Brewers lore.

As the Ultimate Warrior theme song blares over the loud speaker, charging in from the home dugout comes none other than.... TODD COFFEY!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

So I suppose you'd all feel let down if you knew the Brewers asked me to throw out the ceremonial first pitch tonight.

Well, no worries, because if that's their plan, it's a surprise to me too. Plus my "throw" would make Shaun Marcum's last start look masterful.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yeah, I remember a quote from Braun, not word for word, but something along the lines of "maybe now we can stop talking about 1982 around here" after they won the divisional series.

I have LONG wondered why we spend so much time celebrating losing a world series. That was a great time, and I'll remember it fondly, but it's WAY past due of 'letting it go' as far as it being a central celebration point of Brewers lore.

Then they had better WIN these next two games. Otherwise, I will still be talking about the '82 team. We celebrate the World Series team because we haven't sniffed another one for the past 28 seasons. The '82 team won three elimination games in a row (four if you count the Baltimore game).

Not that it's going to happen, but I personally think it would be pretty lame if it was Hoffman. So he played on two so-so Brewers teams in the twilight of his career, with one of them being a rough season for him. There are plenty of better options.

I saw the Braun interview, and I have to give him credit for being extremely diplomatic. He chose exactly the right words. Too bad I don't remember what those right words were. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I think the only ones mentioned so far that are worthy of being held as a surprise and that wouldn't be a disappointment as a surprise are Aaron, Hoffman(if they play Hells Bells) and Monsters Inc.
I would add Molitor to that list as well...but I don't think it's very likely. I'm hoping it's not Monster's Inc, that just doesn't feel right. I think it will be (and am hoping it is) Aaron...I think it would get the crowd jacked and maybe inspire the players a little bit (wishful thinking?).

I could see Hoffman and Hell's Bells getting the crowd into the game from the start, which is important. But I don't think it'll be too big of a problem to get the crowd excited.

More and more I think about it, the more a "surprise" makes me think it'll be Monster's Inc.

Archived