Brewer Fanatic

Defense

mkm13
Starting Kotsay in CF.

You've pretty much made my point. There are multiple things that went wrong but you focused on the manager instead of Greinke not striking out a single batter or Braun and Fielder failing to drive in Kotsay or Braun not backing up the play Kotsay missed in the field. Hell you made an excuse for Braun failing to back it up on that play in another thread.

You know why? Because the manager has complete control. Greinke wasn't thinking "hey, I know, I won't get this guy out!" Roenicke did think Kotsay was a good idea.

Exactly. The manager can't control how a guy plays in the field. But he can make sure that a guy is actually capable of playing in the field. If Roenicke put Prince at 2B, would you blame Prince for not being able to turn a DP? No, you would blame the manager for putting a guy at 2B who has no business being there.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived