Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-14 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Garcia) [Brewers lose, 7-1; trail NLCS, 3-2]

pretendastronaut
strawbossisevil]
I understand that Hart could have caught that ball, but it really shouldn't be expected to catch a line drive that hits the top of the wall. I don't know many right fielders in the game who make that play. A few would have, but it's not a catch you can expect to be made.

Not defending Hart's defense here, that ball in game 3 was absolutely catchable and I would agree with the people who don't quite understand how his defense/speed has gone so far south. But that was a very well hit ball and a difficult play.

You are defending Hart's defense. I bet 3/4s of RFs get that. Hart didn't have to move much. He just didn't execute. He did a horrible job of getting into position to make the play. I hope the Brewers consider moving Gamel to RF and Hart to 1b next season. Because I don't know how much longer Hart is going to cut it out there.
I guess I'm kind of defending it if you want to be technical. But I'm more saying it was a very well hit ball than saying Hart is a good defender (not something I ever said or will ever say). Of course I wish Hart made that play, but I would say more RF would not make that play than would. You don't, which is fine. Agree to disagree. Not worth getting into, there are bigger fish to fry at the moment. Garcia looks very very good so far...hopefully his third time through the order is as unsuccessful as last time.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks a lot RR. After the Brewers lose with Greinke on the road tonight,you wont even give our ace a chance to keep us alive.

This should be narveson out there for this loss. The brewers have never lost a ZG home start, so u start him on the road.

http://i.imgur.com/zi5Kw.gif

Why has Braun reverted to terrible at-bats since the series left Milwaukee?
3-for-8 with a HBP going into this game is pretty awful, I know.
I said last night it has come to the point where if Braun makes an out its extremely disappointing because our chances of scoring are almost none.

So did everyone (sheetswannabe, ihart05, fondybrewfan, chickinbrickin, craigharmann) that had a good feeling envision an ugly first 4 innings and a 3-0 deficit too? Oh and for those that predicted a Brewers win (FVBrewerFan, chuckiehacks, ninja33), this is all part of the plan?

I hope so.

Why has Braun reverted to terrible at-bats since the series left Milwaukee?
3-for-8 with a HBP going into this game is pretty awful, I know.
Yes, but they've been largely poor at-bats. His double today was the first ball he hit hard. He had some seeing eye singles, and some terrible at-bats when he made outs.

So did everyone (sheetswannabe, ihart05, fondybrewfan, chickinbrickin, craigharmann) that had a good feeling envision an ugly first 4 innings and a 3-0 deficit too? Oh and for those that predicted a Brewers win (FVBrewerFan, chuckiehacks, ninja33), this is all part of the plan?

I hope so.
Yea, you sure showed them for having a positive outlook before the game....

I hope so.
I'm not sure what the point is of calling people out for being positive, but it really smells. So many inappropriate attacks already, like someone saying they'll never like Corey Hart again and that the Brewers are "children." Everyone needs to chill.

Thanks a lot RR. After the Brewers lose with Greinke on the road tonight,you wont even give our ace a chance to keep us alive.

This should be narveson out there for this loss. The brewers have never lost a ZG home start, so u start him on the road.

yes, don't run your best available pitcher out there. Let's just sacrifice the game and count on winning two straight elimination games!

On the road vs the Cardinals,I think narveson is the better pitcher. Combine that with greinke being the better option at home than marcum...

So narveson/greinke gives up a better chance to win in 6 than greinke/marcum

Archived