Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-14 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Garcia) [Brewers lose, 7-1; trail NLCS, 3-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Estrada better not see the mound the next 2 games...

That's the kind of crap managing that makes me hate Roenicke. Saito, KRod and Axford can never pitch when they are losing. But La Russa has no problem using anyone in his bullpen at any time.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

TLR is far and a way the better manager in this series

I don't think it would take much to be a better manager than Roenicke. About the only positive he's done is bench McGehee. But even that was 3 months too late.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I don't think it would take much to be a better manager than Roenicke. About the only positive he's done is bench McGehee. But even that was 3 months too late.

I'm a master of the obvious!

From a bullpen management standpoint, absolutely....it also helps LaRussa that his lineup can do a lot of things well, he has a bench with decent pinch hit options, and he doesn't have 2-3 everyday players who are in abysmal slumps with no solid alternatives.

RR would look alot better if Weeks hasn't been playing horribly and the team could get a hit with 2 outs and runners on...or if the defense could make routine plays

The Cards have been the better team since Sep if you really think about it and would be the worst nightmare seeing them celebrating at Miller Park.

I still think if the Brewers can jump to and early lead and Marcum can go @ least 5 they have a good shot at a Game 7. But this team defense is so bad right now even has me thinking can we do it.

Estrada better not see the mound the next 2 games...

That's the kind of crap managing that makes me hate Roenicke. Saito, KRod and Axford can never pitch when they are losing. But La Russa has no problem using anyone in his bullpen at any time.

It also helps he's working with a lead. The Brewers again leaving a small village on the base paths and piss poor D costs us this one. I will admit La Russa's the better manager but I don't get how this game was poorly managed. Poorly played, YES. Poorly managed, no.

Gotta defend the home turf boys. Please let the Marcum of July show up! I'm pissed about the loss tonight, but I'm oddly confident about taking care of business at home.

Seems to me we can blame RR all we want for defense. We blame Kotsay, we blame Hart. we blame Weeks, Yuni and Fielder. We blame the defense of McGehee. One simple fact remains- RR can only use what's available. He was given a crappy defensive team to start the season, and he has a crappy defense to end it. Unfortunately, it appears as if the defense is what will end the season. These guys were bad defensively all season and if you look back to game one of the year you would remember thinking that our defense would be a major problem in the post season. Guess what? DM's plan to out slug his bad defense went the route we figured it would. It went poorly. It lost us several post season opportunities.
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

DM's plan to out slug his bad defense went the route we figured it would. It went poorly.
His plan didn't go too poorly. They are two wins away from the World Series.

But, it was predicted early on that they would be one of the worst defensive teams in baseball. They really showed it last night.

DM's plan to out slug his bad defense went the route we figured it would. It went poorly.
His plan didn't go too poorly. They are two wins away from the World Series.

But, it was predicted early on that they would be one of the worst defensive teams in baseball. They really showed it last night.

"Went poorly" was a rather poor choice of words. Getting this close (not over yet) is better than superior defensive teams have done. I realize that. It's just a shame that the inferiority in the field is so heavily weighted against us. Tough way to lose games. It's a real let down emotionally for the fans, not to mention how guys feel when making an error. It's just rather shocking to see a major league player appear so amateurish while fielding the ball or throwing it. Granted errors occur from time to time. They are amplified ten fold in the playoffs, and last night screamed of inability to get guys out.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived