Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-14 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Garcia) [Brewers lose, 7-1; trail NLCS, 3-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
patrickgpe wrote:

was thinking about getting a sixer of octoberfest to watch the game with on the way home from work.

I think you meant to put "on the way home from work" after "octoberfest" and before "to". Otherwise, please let me know where you are driving so I can avoid that area..http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Ha, yes, I understood what patrick meant but immediately had visions of a guy in his car with a TV on the dash and a six-pack in the passenger seat.

I'm only able to watch the first couple innings tonight, which is crushing. I'm not sure I've missed an inning since before the Cubs series. I hope that by the time I have to leave they'll have a huge lead so that I know we'll be playing for the win when I see the team on Sunday...

So nervous.

Formerly Andersoc420

i hope i'm wrong but i have a bad feeling about tonight, garcia has been struggling so long eventually he has to have a good outing. This is the most pressure Greinke has ever had to pitch under, hopefully he handles it well.

Garcia had a a 2.64 ERA and a 1.11 WHIP in September. The crew beat him up in the 5th inning last week, but he ended the season very well (and was solid v. Philly in round 1).

Regardless, let's beat him up again.

Before the series started, I posted in the prediction thread that the series would be 2-2 and a monster performance from Greinke would send the Crew back to Milwaukee with the lead. I stand by that statement. He's a special talent, and when he puts it all together he's one of the best pitchers in the league. I think tonight he has one of those games that will be special for Brewers fans for many many years.

I do think he will give up a HR in the game, so hopefully it is of the solo variety and not the 3-run kind that have haunted him all year. I'll shoot the middle and say it's a 2 run shot (and if I'm going to get specific and continue to throw out baseless projections, I'll say Freese hits it). 7 IP, 2 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 11 K and most importantly, a W. The crew wins again, 4-2.

Speaking of "Under Pressure". I really wish we would play the David Bowie/Queen version instead of the "Ice, ice, baby" sampled version at Miller Park. Plus this just makes more sense as they normally play it with a full count or with 2 strikes on an opposing batter.

This is my favorite version:

Freddie's so good I'd rather hear him sing both parts instead of Bowie taking one.

This is why we got ZG. This is why we we win. I had a Cardinal fan tell me that for the next 3 games, the Cards have better pitching than the Crew. I don't see it. I also have a buddy who will shave his head if the Brewers win the WS. For these reasons, along with Jackson being on the mound, I am hopeful and feeling good that the Brewers will win.

The first two songs on my stereo last night prior to game 4 were Written in the Stars followed by All I Do is Win. It worked last night, so I listened to both songs about five times each on my commute to work this evening. GO CREW!

Gotta jump on Garcia early. Big first for the 1-5 in the line-up. 3 hits, 2 runs. Keep those fans quiet, sit back and watch #13 do his stuff! Hopefully the Umpires will be nice to Greinke after Greinke's nice comments he made about them yesterday. Happy Friday everyone and let's get this Game 5!!! Time to bring it back to Mil-Town up 3-2.

I've been so anxious and excited all day. Couldn't sleep last night (had to drink some Nyquil to settle down). Come on Brewers make it all worth it!!!!!

House to myself this evening, tons of beer in the fridge. . . . I want to give my Bucky Badger blowup yard doll plenty of high fives while my wife is gone. (not that we both don't give him plenty when she's here. . . I'm not crazy.)

GO BREWERS GO!!!!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Hope we see Grienke pitch like an Ace tonight, gotta win this game and put more presuure on the Cards. Go Brewers !!

btw "Under Pressure" by Queen/Freddie Mercury and David Bowie is one of best songs ever to me, I just love that song.

I've been so anxious and excited all day. Couldn't sleep last night (had to drink some Nyquil to settle down). Come on Brewers make it all worth it!!!!!

House to myself this evening, tons of beer in the fridge. . . . I want to give my Bucky Badger blowup yard doll plenty of high fives while my wife is gone. (not that we both don't give him plenty when she's here. . . I'm not crazy.)

GO BREWERS GO!!!!

Where does one find a Bucky Badger blowup yard doll??? Although I think my HOA would probably throw a fit about it.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived