Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-14 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Garcia) [Brewers lose, 7-1; trail NLCS, 3-2]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God Roenicke is such an idiot starting Greinke on the road! He should have known that Narveson or Marcum could have scored more than one run in six innings BY THEMSELVES. They are also FAR superior defenders and almost certainly would have prevented their teammates from making errors simply because of their great range.
I believe the whole point of those wanting to start Narveson or Marcum was so that Greinke would be able to pitch at home. Now, this game is looking like it will most likely be a loss and Marcum is up next ..who on top of being a much better pitcher on the road this year, has been pitching terribly as of late.

God Roenicke is such an idiot starting Greinke on the road! He should have known that Narveson or Marcum could have scored more than one run in six innings BY THEMSELVES. They are also FAR superior defenders and almost certainly would have prevented their teammates from making errors simply because of their great range.
I believe the whole point of those wanting to start Narveson or Marcum was so that Greinke would be able to pitch at home. Now, this game is looking like it will most likely be a loss and Marcum is up next ..who on top of being a much better pitcher on the road this year, has been pitching terribly as of late.

And the whole point of those against it was because home/road splits aren't some magical thing. You pitch your best pitchers on normal rest whenever possible. This was Greinke's time due up so you pitch him. He even said he hates pitching on longer rest.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

i sorry but we are heading home so they will have to beat us at our Park. I have every belief that they will get to a game 7 . I hope Yo comes out like he did against the diamondbacks. The defense is what it is and will be addressed in the offseason but just have to get the offense going.

And the whole point of those against it was because home/road splits aren't some magical thing. You pitch your best pitchers on normal rest whenever possible. This was Greinke's time due up so you pitch him. He even said he hates pitching on longer rest.

Plus, even though Greinke hasn't been great tonight, he could have still been in the game with the score 1-1 had his defense behind him not been atrocious.

The Cardinals are just better than us

With their bullpen in such better shape compared to the first half of the year along with trade additions made, i think they are better overall. Better lineup and defense. The pens are probably a push and with how LaRussa can use his pen like this because of days off, it negates weaknesses in their rotation.

Personally, I don't fault Reonicke for doing what he did. In fact I probably would have done the same thing. However, I do think that the idea of having a better chance of winning 2 of 3 games with Narveson/Marcum, Greinke and Gallardo starting games in order had some merit.

Archived