Brewer Fanatic

2011-10-14 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Garcia) [Brewers lose, 7-1; trail NLCS, 3-2]

pretendastronaut
http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/pitchers/nlcs/game5.jpg

Zack Greinke

He still hasn't lost in the postseason, but Greinke was far from dominant in the Brewers' 9-6 victory in Game 1 of the NLCS. He will need to be more effective to win on the road. In three career Busch Stadium starts, Greinke is 1-1 with a 2.35 ERA.

Cardinals vs. Greinke
Greinke Game Log

Jaime Garcia

The going hasn't been very good for Garcia so far this month, but he's always got a better shot at home than on the road. He'll be looking to avoid the big inning, a problem that has plagued him repeatedly.

Brewers vs. Garcia
Garcia Game Log

Starting Lineups

1. RF Corey Hart
  2. 3B Jerry Hairston Jr.
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Prince Fielder
  5. 2B Rickie Weeks
  6. SS Yuniesky Betancourt
  7. CF Carlos Gomez
  8. C Jonathan Lucroy
  9. RHP Zack Greinke
  1. SS Rafael Furcal
  2. CF Jon Jay
  3. 1B Albert Pujols
  4. RF Lance Berkman
  5. LF Matt Holliday
  6. 3B David Freese
  7. C Yadier Molina
  8. 2B Nick Punto
  9. LHP Jaime Garcia

Media Coverage

http://www.ishouldhavebeenanastronaut.com/brewfan/2011/media/media-tbs.jpg

Brewerfan Game Chat

MLB GameDay | ESPN GameCast | 620 WTMJ Affiliates

Fan Sites

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Crew!

Bring it back home 3-2.

P.S.

Speaking of "Under Pressure". I really wish we would play the David Bowie/Queen version instead of the "Ice, ice, baby" sampled version at Miller Park. Plus this just makes more sense as they normally play it with a full count or with 2 strikes on an opposing batter.

Speaking of "Under Pressure". I really wish we would play the David Bowie/Queen version instead of the "Ice, ice, baby" sampled version at Miller Park. Plus this just makes more sense as they normally play it with a full count or with 2 strikes on an opposing batter.

I remember the local stations playing Billy Joel's "Pressure" song during the 82 playoffs as lead ins to specials that they would have and back round music to video montages that they showed.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

This is my favorite version:

Feeling really good about tonight.

I think last night boosted the teams confidence and they gained back some of their swagger. Plus it seems like the team plays with more confidence when Greinke pitches, even away from home.

No concerns about Zack. He is going to pitch well enough to keep his team in the game.

If we win tonight we would be one game away from a freakin World Series.

Definitely feeling good about tonight. Both pitchers are more than capable of throwing a gem though; Garcia has been tough on us in STL. I think tonight is finally the night where Weeks comes through.

It will be interesting to see what TLR does if they fall behind early; his bullpen is gassed already can he really use them for another 5+ innings tonight?

Like Red Soxs pitchers, I will be drinking beer during the game tonight.

was thinking about getting a sixer of octoberfest to watch the game with on the way home from work.

I think you meant to put "on the way home from work" after "octoberfest" and before "to". Otherwise, please let me know where you are driving so I can avoid that area..http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I posted this in the Pitching Matchups thread, but here's a good place to repost.

We're going to win Game 5. Greinke is in the clubhouse right now cross-breeding his filth to produce never seen before ultra-filth. He may walk alone, but it will be with a Game 5 win.

This is the redemption tour. First it was Yuni. Last night Wolf. Tonight it will be Greinke and Hart. Then, Game 6 Marcum and Weeks. you heard it here first.

Archived