Brewer Fanatic

Would you hold back Greinke for Game 6 now??

Brewcrewin07
You use Yo in Game 6 because if we lose today... there may be no Game 7. If we win today, it's a different situation.

This literally makes my head hurt. You want to optimize your chances of winning both games. You are literally causing the chances of winning both to go down SUBSTANTIALLY by limiting the effectiveness of the best pitcher you have going in one of those two days.

You just don't use pitchers on short rest. The data on this is not debatable. What you are talking about lowers the EV of winning both by at least 10%. The sole purpose of doing so would be to have an extra game.

I agree. However, if you think that a Marcum/Narveson start will be disastrous, while a 3 day rest Gallardo will be decent and a 3 day Wolf will be decent, then you do that instead. Personally, I DON'T think Gallardo/Wolf on 3 days would be better, thus you stick with Marcum/Narvy in game 6, but I at least see how somebody could disagree.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start your #4 on 3 days rest? This is just getting weird.

I'm all for giving Narveson a start. I've been advocating that for a while now. But starting two guys on short rest when people were thinking Wolf was as bad as Marcum just 24 hours ago... Well I would hope we can disregard some of these ideas better than RR disregarded starting the alltime slowest CF ever.

That won't matter. We're going to win game 5. Greinke is in the clubhouse right now cross-breeding his filth to produce never seen before ultra-filth. He may walk alone, but it will be with a game 5 win.

This. I love it. Can't you just envision ZG with safety goggles on and some Bunsen burners?

Maybe we have been looking at the wrong splits and the key is he pitches well in ballparks that are named after beers. How has he done in CO? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Don't forget Land Shark!

7 innings 2 runs, both "earned".

Archived