Brewer Fanatic

Did I just get accepted to UWM? [Update: Graduating with class of 2013!]

adamb100

Also, be sure to find out exactly what you need to take right away. UWM screwed me for at least a year of classes I didn't need. There's a lot of electives you need, and be sure you don't take the wrong one. That's where they got me.

For your arts credits, beginner guitar is pretty much the easiest A in the world. Take it with Bev, I don't think she's ever given lower than a B+ unless you skipped the final.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guitar wasn't a bad class, I just happened to be terrible at playing. I did get a B, though. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

www.uwm.edu/ugbulletin/ will be really helpful to find out for what program you'd like to do what class requirements you will need. If I can be of any help, let me know. I've spent enough time at UWM to know something that might be helpful, lol http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif .

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• 5 years later...
I couldn't attend in 2008 because I had tuition issues. On top of that I opted for 12 credits a term instead of the usual 15 to not overburden myself. I'm a super super senior. :tongue

Verified Member
I stole someone's moped on Downer once. Maybe we ALL know each other.

I bought a stolen moped from Downer once.

Small world.

:laughing

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So, did you end up with CS degree??

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26433574.jpg

Math requirements were too high and I'm just awful in math. (I got placed into what could be considered middle school math @ UWM). Ended up getting a B.A. in Journalism, Advertising, Media Studies with a concentration in advertising, along with a minor in Political Science. I do regret not getting that CS major sometimes (esp since they are so high in demand now).

Community Moderator

Congrats!!! What do you have planned next?

Six years isn't that unusual. I've seen a number of transcripts lately of students who started college in the 2005-2007 range and are still working on their bachelor's degree. Usually it's because they go to school part time, otherwise it's of a combination of changing majors and dropping/failing required classes. For reference, I started college in fall 2005 and I won't be done until 2017 (two graduate degrees will do that to you...).

Yeah, doesn't matter at this point how long it took, you are a grad now. My sister didn't initially go to college because she started a family but ten years later she graduated, we can't all be on the same four year schedule.

Props to you, Adam.

It's easy to think it's not that big a deal - especially if you started college right after high school, in which case 'going to school' is what you've done for almost all your life. But plenty of people don't go to college, and plenty who do start and don't finish. Plus it's not like you haven't faced any roadblocks. So you have my congratulations and best wishes. :)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Six years isn't that unusual. I've seen a number of transcripts lately of students who started college in the 2005-2007 range and are still working on their bachelor's degree. Usually it's because they go to school part time, otherwise it's of a combination of changing majors and dropping/failing required classes. For reference, I started college in fall 2005 and I won't be done until 2017 (two graduate degrees will do that to you...).

I want to work at an advertising/public relations agency. Entry level jobs are hard to come by though. :(

Lots of people go to college for 6 years.

Yeah, they're called doctors. :)

Personally, I went for 8. Six years and three majors at UWSP and found out that a business admin, history and social science degrees will land you a terrible job as a manager for Walgreens. After two years of that I re-dedicated myself to an accounting degree at UWGB which took another two years but was totally worth it.

Gruber Lawffices

I want to work at an advertising/public relations agency. Entry level jobs are hard to come by though. :(

Congratulations, Adam. I hope you have a network of contacts that you can start working to try & kick open that first door. Good luck, and don't get down on yourself!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Congrats, Adam.

Be sure to connect with UWM's Career Development Center, they are very helpful with job search tips. Also, there is a career fair on campus this Thursday, May 9, from 11-2pm. Good luck!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Speaking of going to college for a long time, is that moron at Whitewater still in school? Wasn't he going on 11 years at one point?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Speaking of going to college for a long time, is that moron at Whitewater still in school? Wasn't he going on 11 years at one point?

If you have some time to waste, google "johnny lechner." Actually, googling the words whitewater johnny was enough for me. Dude's on MySpace!

See, Adam, don't you feel accomplished now?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Verified Member

I'm pretty sure Professor McDougal cast the deciding vote to keep him in school and make him graduate.

I believe sometime around 2004 when I was still in college at UWSP and served in student government, the Board of Regents passed what we called the "Lechner Rule". It basically stated that if a student had over 150 credits and had yet to graduate, your future tuition costs doubled.
Gruber Lawffices

I believe sometime around 2004 when I was still in college at UWSP and served in student government, the Board of Regents passed what we called the "Lechner Rule". It basically stated that if a student had over 150 credits and had yet to graduate, your future tuition costs doubled.

Couldnt you just graduate with the major you have, and then re-apply for a second degree to bypass that?

Oh, and tomorrow is my last day of actual class before finals. Going too quick!

Archived